|Alabama House of Representatives District 101|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||University of Mississippi|
|Master's||University of Mississippi|
|Profession||Regional Director, Alabama Institute for the Deaf and Blind|
Ison is the regional director of the Alabama Institute for the Deaf and Blind.
Ison served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Internal Affairs Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Mobile County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- State Government Committee, Alabama House of Representatives, Chair
- Ways and Means Education Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Higher Ed Appropriations
- Subcommittee on Taxes, Exemptions/Benefits (Ways and Means Education)
Ison won re-election to the 101st District seat in 2010. She had no opposition.
Ison raised $150,765 for her campaign, while Smith raised $5,286.
|Alabama State House, District 101 (2006)|
|Jamie Ison (R)||7,477|
|Amy Beckerle Smith (D)||2,843|
In 2010, Ison raised $79,380 in contributions.
Her five largest contributors were:
|Alabama Association Of Realtors||$2,500|
|Alabama Wholesale Beer Association||$2,500|
|Maisel, Elliot B||$2,000|
|Medical Association Of The State Of Alabama||$2,000|
In 2006, Ison collected $150,765 in donations.
Below are Ison's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|Business Council of AL||$15,000|
|Medical Assoc of the State of AL||$3,500|
|AL Road Builders Assoc||$2,500|
Ison and her husband, M. Harland Jr., have two children.
Ison is a member of All Saints Episcopal Church and Habitat for Humanity, co-chair of the Mobile Advisory Commission for the Disabled and president of the Mobile Sunrise Rotary Club.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Note: As of February 2015, we were unable to locate any scorecards for the state of Alabama. If you are aware of a scorecard Ballotpedia has not included please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Jamie + Ison + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Alabama House Republican Caucus
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Alabama House spending, 2006," November 4, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2006 Campaign contributions," accessed December 31, 2014
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Ison
|Alabama House District 101
| Succeeded by|
Chris Pringle (R)
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|