|Former candidate for|
|Florida House of Representatives, District 3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|(dead link) Campaign website|
Smith's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Jamie believes that life is sacred and will fight to defend it to the best of his abilities in the Florida House, including rejecting any funding of abortion-related activities and working to foster a culture of life in all areas.
Jamie believes that people should be left alone to make their own decisions and be responsible for those decisions. In every matter, the default should be to trust the individual to make the decision, and the government should be expected to stay out.
Jamie believes that the individual has the God-given right to manage his or her own property – not only are individuals better suited to manage their own property, the government ideally has no right to interfere. Therefore, Jamie will fight for lower property tax rates, with the eventual hope of ending such taxes.
Jamie believes that the government should allow its citizens full use of their God-given right to defense. He unapologetically supports the right to keep and bear arms and will fight to preserve that right from any infringement, small or large.
Jamie believes that the best educational decisions are made on the local level, where more in-depth knowledge and better solutions can arise. He will support devolving as much power as possible to local control and stands AGAINST Common Core or any other iteration of Common Core. He will support school vouchers and work to add variety and competition to the education market.
Smith's professional experience includes serving in the U.S. Army and the Florida National Guard.
Elections for the office of Florida House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 26, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 20, 2014. Incumbent Douglas V. Broxson defeated Jamie Smith in the Republican primary and defeated John Daniel Melvin II (I) in the general election.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 3 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Douglas Broxson Incumbent||99.9%||47,610|
|Write-in||John Melvin II||0.1%||43|
|Florida House of Representatives, District 3 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Douglas Broxson Incumbent||69.9%||10,074|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jamie + Smith + Florida + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Florida House of Representatives
- Florida House of Representatives District 3
- Florida House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Florida State Legislature
- Florida Division of Elections - Candidate Listing for 2014 General Election
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Official campaign website (dead link)
- Jamie Smith on Twitter
- Jamie Smith, "Why is Jamie Smith running for office?" accessed August 14, 2014 (dead link) (dead link)
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed July 31, 2014
- Florida Division of Elections, "2014 Florida Election Watch - Multi-County or District Offices," accessed September 3, 2014
- Florida Division of Elections, "Candidate Listing for 2014 General Election," accessed June 23, 2014
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |