Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Wisconsin, District 8|
|Bachelor's||University of Wisconsin – Madison|
Wall listed some of his campaign issues on his website:
- "Encourage investment in small businesses and help companies deal with rising health care costs.
- End tax breaks for companies that ship jobs overseas.
- Ensure that American workers and businesses operate on an even playing field with their foreign competitors.
- Help veterans join the workforce after they complete their service.
- Develop quality education systems throughout life to produce highly-skilled, highly-trained workers.
- Invest in our infrastructure to make Northeast Wisconsin more attractive to business.
- Invest in research into new technologies that will produce quality jobs in the future.
- Fight current efforts to end Medicare as we know it that will slash benefits and raise costs for seniors while padding the wallets of big insurance
- Keep prescription drugs affordable by fighting against the return of the Part D “donut hole” that cost seniors thousands of dollars out of pocket
- Protect Social Security against risky schemes to entrust Wall Street with your hard-earned benefits
- Save up to hundreds of billions in taxpayer dollars by allowing Medicare to use its buying power to negotiate lower prices from drug companies, just like the Veterans Administration already does"
Wall ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Wisconsin's 8th District. He was unopposed in the Democratic primary, and lost to Republican incumbent Reid Ribble in the November 6, 2012, general election.
|U.S. House, Wisconsin District 8 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Reid Ribble Incumbent||55.9%||198,874|
|Source: Wisconsin Government Accountability Board "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
Candidates for Congress were required to file up to seven main reports with the Federal Election Commission during the 2012 elections season. Below are Wall's reports.
|Jamie Wall (2012) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2012||$223,242.15||$205,760.56||$(46,937.84)||$382,064.87|
|July Quarterly||July 15, 2012||$382,164.87||$241,117.59||$(81,076.72)||$542,205.74|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jamie + Wall + Wisconsin + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wisconsin's 8th Congressional District
- Wisconsin's 8th Congressional District elections, 2012
- United States House of Representatives
- Politico, "2012 House Race Results," accessed November 6, 2012
- Campaign website Jobs
- Campaign website Medicare
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates registered by office," accessed June 10, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Jamie Wall's April Quarterly Report," accessed October 11, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Jamie Wall's July Quarterly Report," accessed October 11, 2012