|Alaska Regulatory Commission|
|2006 - Present|
|Years in position||8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed by||Governor Frank Murkowski|
Wilson is an attorney, admitted to practice law in Alaska since 1975. She was a Commissioner and the last Chairman of the Alaska Pipeline Commission (APC). APC later merged into the Alaska Public Utilities Commission (APUC), and then became the Regulatory Commission of Alaska (RCA). Wilson served as an administrative law judge for the APUC and RCA until her appointment to the Commission in 2006.
- Mount Holyoke College, Economics
- University of Denver, Law degree
Alaska Regulatory Commissioner (2006-Present)
Wilson assumed office in 2006.
Alaska Pipeline Commission (1980-2006)
Wilson was a Commissioner and the last Chairman of the Alaska Pipeline Commission (APC), the agency created to administer AS 42.06, the Pipeline Act. In 1981 the APC merged into the Alaska Public Utilities Commission (APUC). Wilson served as an administrative law judge for the APUC and its successor agency, the Regulatory Commission of Alaska (RCA), from the time of the merger until her appointment to the Commission in 2006.
Wilson worked as an APC commissioner and an administrative law judge, where she worked closely with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), which regulates interstate oil and gas pipelines. She conducted all proceedings the APC, APUC, or RCA held concurrently with the FERC from 1980 to 2006.
City of Kenai Attorney
Earlier in her career, Wilson was City Attorney for the City of Kenai and an Assistant Attorney General in Juneau, serving in the Oil and Gas Special Litigation section.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jan + Wilson + Alaska"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- More famous Jameis: Winston wins Heisman Trophy - Juneau Empire (subscription)
- Will Warren Wing scuttle budget deal? - Fox News
- Disaster center open, 'no waiting' - Kenai Peninsula Online
- Slowly, A Consensus Emerges To Oppose The Security State - Huffington Post
- Hockey pulls off comeback against UAA; Skiing wins second straight Alaska ... - The Sun Star
- Sick People In Pre-Existing Conditions Program Get More Time To Find New ... - Huffington Post
- Gridlock In The Senate, Progress In The House - Huffington Post
- Ted Cruz Coloring Book Selling Fast - Huffington Post
- Alaska revenue to fall $2 billion after oil tax cuts take effect - Washington Post (blog)
- Finally, A List Of All The Center For American Progress' 2013 Corporate Donors - Huffington Post
|Regulatory Commission of Alaska
| Succeeded by|