Jana Taylor Goodman
|Jana Taylor Goodman|
|Kansas House of Representatives District 41|
|January 10, 2011 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Kansas State University (1973)|
|Master's||University of Southern California (1975), Kansas State University (1982)|
|Birthday||March 7, 1951|
|Place of birth||Gorman, Texas|
Goodman is a full time wife, mother and grandmother. She is currently a substitute teacher for the Leavenworth School District. From 2003-2005, Jana was a GED and ESL Instructor at Leavenworth Federal Detention Center. From 2001-2003, Jana taught Algebra and Geometry at Lansing High School. She also served as the Radiology Development and Support Team Leader for the Cerner Corporation from 1992-2000, and as a US Army Community Computer Manager from 1989-1991 in Goeppingen, Germany.
Goodman received her Bachelor of Science in Math in 1973 from Kansas State University. She earned her MSEd in 1975 from the University of Southern California, a Master of Science in Computer Science in 1982 from Kansas State University and a Teaching Certificate in Secondary Math from St. Mary University, Leavenworth, Kansas 2001. She is also in the process of completing a third masters degree in Math, from M.S. in Math, from Emporia State University.
Goodman served on the following committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Corrections and Juvenile Justice Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
- Corrections and Juvenile Justice Oversight Committee, Kansas State Legislature
- Education Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
- Social Services Budget Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
Goodman ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 41. Goodman defeated Mark Presinger in the August 7 Republican primary and was defeated by District 40 incumbent Melanie Meier (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 41, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Melanie Meier Incumbent||55.2%||3,427|
|Republican||Jana Goodman Incumbent||44.8%||2,778|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 41 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Jana Goodman Incumbent||54.8%||666|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 41 General Election (2010)|
|Jana Taylor Goodman (R)||2,056|
|Nancy Bauder (D)||1,693|
In 2010, Goodman raised $31,089 in contributions.
Her two largest contributors were:
|Goodman, Jon & Jana||$20,000|
|Kansas Chamber Of Commerce & Industry||$1,000|
Goodman and her husband Jon R. have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jana + Goodman + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Official legislature website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 primary (official)," retrieved July 16, 2012.
- C-SPAN, "Kansas - Summary Vote Results," retrieved August 7, 2012.
- Official Kansas House of Representatives General Election Results, 2010
- followthemoney.org, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
Marti Crow (D)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 41
| Succeeded by|
Melanie Meier (D)
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |