|North Carolina State Senate, District 50|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Hipps earned her master's degree in Nursing from Vanderbilt University. Her professional experience includes working as as a vocational rehabilitation counselor, as a science consultant for the Western Area Regional Alliance, as a school psychologist, teacher, program developer and as a nurse practitioner.
Hipps's campaign website highlights the following issues:
- Excerpt: "It is time that we in western North Carolina join together and rebuild the public education program in this great State. Let’s pay our teachers a winning wage. Let’s reward those who seek advanced certification and degrees, And, let’s get back to the business of building a better North Carolina."
In an interview with Maccon News, Hipps said she is running because, "she is concerned about the future of this state. She highlights how opportunities for our children have been eroded by the massive cuts and threats to public education, including the community colleges and universities. Hipps states that the impact of these cuts at the local level has meant that our counties have fewer teachers, teacher assistants and assistant principals."
Elections for the office of North Carolina State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Jim Davis was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Jane Hipps defeated Ron Robinson in the Democratic primary. Hipps and Davis will face off in the general election.
|North Carolina State Senate, District 50 Democratic Primary, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jane + Hipps + North + Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina State Senate
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina State Senate elections, 2014
- North Carolina State Senate District 50
- maconnews.com, "Jane Hipps kicks off campaign for NC Senate," accessed March 26, 2014
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed March 26, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed August 12, 2014