Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Assembly, District 60|
|Master's||City University of New York|
|J.D.||City University of New York|
|Profession||Legal Counsel, South Beach Civic Association|
Hyer-Spencer earned her M.A. in Social Science and Public Policy from the City University of New York and her J.D. from City University of New York. Her other professional experience includes legal counsel for South Beach Civic Association; legal director of My Sisters Place; attorney for New York City's Administration for Children's Services; and an attorney in private practice.
- Aging Committee, New York Assembly
- Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Committee, New York Assembly
- Energy Committee, New York Assembly
- Insurance Committee, New York Assembly
- Subcommittee on Insurer Investments and Market Practices in Underserved Areas
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Hyer-Spencer ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, she was also listed as a candidate of the Independence Party of New York State and Working Families Party. She was defeated by challenger Nicole Malliotakis (R) in the general election on November 2.
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2008
On November 4, 2008, Hyer-Spencer won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 60, defeating opponent Joseph Cammarata (R).
Hyer-Spencer raised $117,526 for her campaign while Cammarata raised $31,719.
|New York State Assembly, District 60 2008|
|Janele Hyer-Spencer (D)||20,077|
|Joseph Cammarata (R)||16,620|
In 2008, a year in which Hyer-Spencer was up for re-election, she collected $117,526 in donations.
The major contributors were:
|Empire State Pride Agenda||$3,800|
|1199 SEIU United Health care Workers East||$3,800|
|New York State Laborers||$3,800|
|New York State Trial Lawyers||$3,800|
|New York State Public Employees Federation||$3,800|
|Eleanor Roosevelt Legacy Committee||$3,800|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Janele + Hyer-Spencer + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Assembly
- House Committees
- New York State Legislature
- New York state legislative districts
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Janele Hyer-Spencer," accessed December 23, 2014
- New York Times, "NY state legislative election results," accessed February 11, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Report on 2008 Campaign donations in New York," accessed August 1, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions to Janele Hyer-Spencer
|New York Assembly - District 60
| Succeeded by|
Nicole Malliotakis (R)
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |