|Vermont House Of Representatives, Washington 6|
|2005 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||9|
|Per diem||$107/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Ancel earned her B.A. in English from Stanford University in 1967. She went on to receive her MSW from the University of Denver in 1973. She then earned her J.D. from the University of Denver in 1979.
Ancel has worked for Governor Howard Dean as a Tax Commissioner, Legislative Council, and Legal Counsel.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Ancel served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Ways and Means, Chair|
|• Joint Transportation Oversight|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Ancel served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Ways and Means, Chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Ancel served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Ways and Means|
Elections for the office of Vermont House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 26, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 12, 2014. Incumbent Janet Ancel is unopposed in the Democratic primary. Jacob Miller and Michael Sabourin are running as Independent candidates.
Ancel won re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Washington 6. Ancel was unopposed in the August 28 Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Washington 6 General Election (2010)|
|Janet Ancel (D)||1,420|
|Marion Gray (R)||728|
Comprehensive donor information for Ancel is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Ancel raised a total of $5,162 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 24, 2013.
|Janet Ancel's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Vermont State House, District Washington-6||$2,090|
|2010||Vermont State House, District Washington-6||$3,072|
|Grand Total Raised||$5,162|
2012Ancel won re-election to the Vermont House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Ancel raised a total of $2,090.
|Vermont House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Janet Ancel's campaign in 2012|
|Association Of Vermont Credit Unions||$200|
|Blittersdorf, David C||$200|
|Total Raised in 2012||$2,090|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, a year in which Ancel was up for election, she collected $3,072 in donations.
The Ethan Allen Institute, a Vermont-based free-market public policy research and education organization, released its biennial publication, the Vermont Voters' Report Card, for the years 2011-2012. The report showed how Vermont legislators in the state House and state Senate voted on key issues important to the Institute. Here's how Ancel voted on the selected bills:
|Health Provider Tax||Green Mountain Care||Education Taxation||Green Mountain Care||Property Rate Tax||Health Exchange||Green Mountain Care||Renewable Portfolio||CVPS Rebate|
Ancel and her husband, Steve, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Janet + Ancel + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont State Legislature
- Vermont State Senate
- Vermont State Senate Committees
- Vermont Joint Committees
- Vermont state legislative districts
- Vermont Legislature - Legislative Directory
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Independent Candidates and Minor Party Candidates Nominated by Party Committee," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Major Party Nomination Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Listing," June 13, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "Election Results Search," accessed April 23, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Ancel, Janet," accessed September 24, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 Campaign contributors," accessed April 23, 2014
- Ethan Allen Institute "Report Cards," accessed September 10, 2013