|Montana House of Representatives, District 81|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Montana|
|Profession||Program director, Montana Audubon|
Ellis' website highlights the following campaign themes:
|“||We can have a healthy environment and a healthy economy. We must encourage economic development while preserving the clean and healthful environment we all hold dear. I’ve spent the last thirty years advocating for clean water, wildlife, and open space and look forward to continuing to champion these causes in the legislature.
Everyone in our community should have basic life provisions, including food, shelter, and access to healthcare. I strongly support the expanding Medicaid to provide coverage for over 60,000 Montanans.
High-quality public education is the linchpin of our democracy and key to Montana’s economic future. My son is the product of Helena public schools and his teachers prepared him well to succeed in college. We must continue to support our public schools and teachers as they work to improve graduation rates and to assure that all Montana students can reach their full potential.
Elections for the office of Montana House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 10, 2014; minor party and independent candidates had until June 2, 2014, to file. Janet Ellis defeated Anna Doran in the Democratic primary. Michael Pardis was unopposed in the Republican primary. Incumbent Galen Hollenbaugh (D) is not seeking re-election due to term limits.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 81 Democratic Primary, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Janet + Ellis + Montana + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
In 2014, Ellis' endorsements include:
- Montana NARAL
- Montana Conservation Voters
- Montana Sportsmen Alliance
- State Sen. Mary Caferro (D)
- Former state Sen. Susan Bartlett
- Montana House of Representatives
- Montana House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Montana State Legislature
- Montana House of Representatives District 81
- Official campaign website
- Janet Ellis on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Official candidate list
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Filing List: Legislative," accessed April 11, 2014
- Janet Ellis for Montana Legislature, "Issues and Vision," accessed May 21, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Filing List: Legislative," accessed April 9, 2014
- Janet Ellis for Montana Legislature, "Endorsements," accessed May 21, 2014
State of Montana
List of Montana ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Director of the Department of Revenue | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Securities and Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources and Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Public Service Commission |