Janet L. Reiser
|Janet L. Reiser|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Alaska State Senate, District 16|
was a Democratic
candidate for District 16
of the Alaska State Senate
. The primary election
was on August 24, 2010, and the general election was on November 2, 2010
Reiser earned her B.S. in Chemical Engineering from the University of Colorado. Her professional experience includes co-owning Jet Enviro De-Icing.
Reiser's website highlighted the following campaign issues: 
- Excerpt: "Alaska must have a tax policy that encourages new investment in the oil patch."
- Excerpt: "The private sector creates jobs if the public sector lowers taxes and streamlines regulations."
- Excerpt: "Many of our best young minds are leaving Alaska. We need the education, training and job opportunities right here at home."
- Excerpt: "The budget is too high and unsustainable. I am the only candidate with the business skills and experience to get it under control."
- Excerpt: "Seward Highway"
- Protecting The Alaska Way of Life
- Excerpt: "Second Amendment Rights"
- Excerpt: "Protect Seniors from Being Fired by their Doctors"
- See also: Alaska State Senate elections, 2010
Reiser was unopposed in the August 24 primary. She was defeated by Republican Catherine A. Giessel in the November 2 general election.
| Alaska State Senate, District P General Election (2010)
| Catherine A. Giessel (P)
| Janet L. Reiser (D)
| Philip Dziubinski (I)