Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 36|
|Profession||Broadcast Journalist, Media Production|
Peckinpaugh made an unsuccessful run for the U.S. Congress in the November 2, 2010 general election.
Peckinpaugh has worked as a broadcast journalist and is the founder of Peckinpaugh Media Group, a media production company. In 2010, she ran for, but was not elected to, the US House of Representatives. Peckinpaugh's campaign Facebook describes her as a "Fiscal Conservative" and "Social Moderate."
Peckinpaugh was endorsed by the following:
- Tom Foley, Connecticut's Republican candidate for governor in the November 2, 2010 gubernatorial election.
In his endorsement statement, Foley said, "...she is a hard working, single mother who runs a small business and understands what needs to be done to make our economy healthy again. Janet understands that we need to spend wisely and create a business environment that encourages job growth and opportunity. She would use her seat to make sure the concerns of working people and business owners are heard in Hartford. We need Janet Peckinpaugh also looking after the interests of taxpayers who are paying the state's bills."
The state chairwoman of the Democratic Party, Nancy DiNardo, filed a complaint with the Federal Election Commission concerning Peckinpaugh's 2010 US House campaign. Among other allegations, the complaint contends that nearly $70,000 of Peckinpaugh's 2010 expenditures were not properly documented. Peckinpaugh contends that the complaint, filed February 1, was a strategic attempt to influence the February 22 special election. She added that any irregularities in her campaign filings would be promptly addressed and amended. Within 4 days of the complaint, Peckinpaugh filed an amended report with the FEC, noting that any omission from the original report was merely an oversight. However, DiNardo has since argued in a Democratic press release that the amendment failed to fully address the problems with the initial report, calling for a complete audit of the Peckinpaugh's 2010 campaign.
- Campaign Facebook page
- Congressional Campaign Facebook page
- Connecticut Republican Party Candidate Profiles
- CT Post, "Special elections mean more expenses, more rhetoric," January 9, 2011
- Connecticut Secretary of State, Election Results
- Hartford Courant, "GOP's Tom Foley Endorses Ex-TV Anchor Janet Peckinpaugh For State Rep In Special Election February 22", February 9, 2011
- Courant.com, "Democrat Files Complaint On Peckinpaugh's Campaign Spend," February 01, 2011
- The Middletown Press, "Peckinpaugh for Congress files amended FEC report" February 4, 2011
- Connecticut Democrats, "DiNardo Files Second FEC Complaint Against Janet Peckinpaugh," February 9, 2010
State of Connecticut
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of the State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utility Control |