Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Illinois House of Representatives District 98|
|Profession||Small Business Owner|
Silosky's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Tax Policy/Job Creation
- Excerpt: "As an elected state legislator, I will work to overturn the recent tax increases on individuals and businesses in Illinois. Simply put, we have a budget problem because we spend beyond our means - not because we tax too little."
- Budgeting Your Tax Dollars
- Excerpt: "State officials must accept that we can no longer increase spending year to year - particularly in a recessionary economy. "
- Cutting State Spending
- Excerpt: "For at least one year, freeze all discretionary state spending and require all statewide elected officials to join in the effort."
- Excerpt: "Illinois' pension system has unfunded obligations of $86 billion or more. Unfunded retiree health obligations total many additional billions."
- Medicaid Spending
- Excerpt: "A managed care program for Medicaid, biddable and run through the existing health insurance framework would be far preferable to any government run program."
- Excerpt: "Having worked in education, I understand that the issues are not just about needing better teachers."
- Legislative Scholarships
- Excerpt: " I believe the legislative scholarship program should be abolished - not because of any pernicious and recurring abuse of the system, but because of the perception that such abuse is inherently possible."
- Local Governments
- Excerpt: "Illinois has nearly 7,000 local governments. We should actively promote a reduction in the number of local taxing bodies across the state, but believe this issue is best addressed through open discussions and referenda by the citizens directly involved."
- Campaign Finance
- Excerpt: " Two years ago, the General Assembly passed a law that limits contributions by individuals, corporations, unions and political action committees - but not those made by political parties or House and Senate leaders."
- Changing the Status Quo
- Excerpt: "Running for office and talking with my future constituents about the issues that affect us all, encouraging them to become involved and engage their elected officials, has changed the status quo in at least a limited way because the biggest threat to our republic was voter and citizen apathy. Now that is no longer the case."
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 96 Republican Primary, 2012|
Silosky and her husband, Steve, have four children.
- Official campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Janet Silosky on Twitter
- Citizens for Silosky Facebook page
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |