|Idaho House of Representatives District 33A|
|December 1, 2012-Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$122/day outside Boise, $49/day otherwise|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Trujillo served on the following committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Environment, Energy, and Technology|
|• Judiciary, Rules, and Administration|
|• Revenue and Taxation|
Trujillo's campaign website listed the following issues:
- "Opposed to Government Overreach"
- "Believes in creating important structures around students allowing them to be successful learners and successful community members."
- "Supports INL"
- "Supports Energy Independence"
- "Supports Small Business"
Trujillo won election in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives District 33A. She defeated Ronald Lechelt in the Republican primary on May 15, 2012 and defeated Mary E. Haley (D) and Christopher Joseph Brunt (L) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 33A, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Mary E. Haley||32.3%||5,521|
|Libertarian||Christopher Joseph Brunt||6.8%||1,160|
|Idaho House of Representatives District 33A Republican Primary, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Idaho Freedom Index
The Idaho Freedom Foundation, an Idaho-based, nonprofit educational research institute, released its "Idaho Freedom Index" in 2013. The index intended to show how Idaho legislators voted on the principles the Foundation seeks to promote. It measured each state legislator based on two tiers, which include whether legislators voted for or against bills that would create or eliminate government agencies, programs, and regulations, and bills that would impact the free market in a positive or negative way. Scores ranged from the highest possible score for members of the state Senate (194 points) and for members of the state House (180 points). A higher score indicated that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Foundation. Trujillo received a score of 64 points in the 2013 index, ranking 22nd out of 70 members of the Idaho House of Representatives that were evaluated for the study.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Janet + Trujillo + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Janet Trujillo, accessed October 20, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State, "2012 primary election results," May 15, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Primary Candidate List," accessed April 12, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State Election Division, "May 15, 2012 Primary Election Results," accessed 6 July 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, “November 6, 2012 General Election Results,” accessed December 27, 2012
- Idaho Freedom Foundation "2013 Freedom Index," accessed August 19, 2013
Jeffrey Thompson (R)
|Idaho House of Representatives District 33A
| Succeeded by|