|Former candidate for|
|U.S. House, New Jersey, District 7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Mayor, Clinton, New Jersey|
|Councilwoman, Clinton, New Jersey|
|Bachelor's||Thomas Edison State College|
Kovach currently serves as mayor of Clinton, New Jersey. From 2004-2006 she was a councilwoman in Clinton. She has also served as the Director of the New Jersey Division on Women, a position appointed by the governor.
Kovach attended Thomas Edison State College where she earned a degree in business administration. She has held management positions at Prudential, Fleet and NatWest Banks. Kovach also actively volunteers and has served as a Trustee of the Red Mill Museum Village, as President and Trustee of the CPS Partners in Education Foundation, and on the boards of the Girl Scouts Heart of NJ, United Way Women’s Leadership Council and the Women’s Heart Foundation. She was also an appointee to the Highlands Water Protection and Planning Council and was a Leadership NJ Fellow (Class of 2009).
Kovach ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent New Jersey's 7th District. Kovach ran uncontested for the Democratic nomination in the primary on June 3, 2014, but lost to incumbent Leonard Lance (R) in the general election. The general election took place November 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, New Jersey District 7 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Leonard Lance Incumbent||59.3%||104,287|
|Source: New Jersey Division of Elections|
Although she had obtained the requisite 200 signatures and filed to run in the primary, Kovach was not included in the initial list of candidates put out by the state Division of Elections. The division did not accept a number of the signatures because the person who had obtained them did not reside in the district. Susan Scarola, an administrative law judge, overturned the ruling in light of another case in which state Superior Court Judge Mary Jacobson ruled it unconstitutional to require that the people collecting petitions be from the candidate's district. Since the decision was not overruled by Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno, Kovach was on the ballot for the June primary election.
|Janice Kovach (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 14, 2014||$0.00||$18,709.33||$(375.53)||$18,333.80|
Kovach lives in Clinton, New Jersey, with her husband, Stephen, and their three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Janice + Kovach + New Jersey + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- New Jersey's 7th Congressional District elections, 2014
- New Jersey's 7th Congressional District
- NJ.com, "Democrat Janice Kovach announces run for N.J. congressional seat held by Leonard Lance ," January 27, 2014
- Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," accessed June 3, 2014
- Politico, "2014 New Jersey House Election Results," accessed November 7, 2014
- janicekovach.com, "Meet Me," accessed January 30, 2014"
- nj.com, "Democrat who wants to challenge Leonard Lance is back on ballot," accessed April 9, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Janice Kovach Summary Report," accessed April 30, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Janice Kovach April Quarterly," accessed April 30, 2014