|Idaho House of Representatives District 32A|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||University of Arizona, 1985|
|Birthday||January 18, 1963|
|Place of birth||Las Cruces, NM|
McGeachin is the Owner/Operator of several businesses - High Torque, Idaho Transmission Warehouse, and Western Transmission.
She is a Precinct Committee Person for Precinct 40, and a member of the Bonneville County Republican Central Committee.
McGeachin serves on the Development Workshop Foundation Board of Directors, Eastern Idaho Community Action Partnership Board of Directors, Idaho Innovation Center Board of Directors, and Mountain River Valley American Red Cross Board of Directors.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, McGeachin served on these committees:
- Economic Outlook and Revenue Assessment Committee
- Health and Welfare, Chair
- Joint Millennium Fund Committee
- State Affairs
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, McGeachin served on these committees:
- Finance-Appropriations Committee, Idaho Legislature
- Health and Welfare
- Judiciary, Rules and Administration
- Millennium Fund Committee, Idaho Legislature
Rep. McGeachin introduced a bill in 2011 in the House State Affairs Committee that would shift more of the burden of the health care fund from the state to county governments. The state and counties share the costs of the fund, with counties pay the first $11,000 of health bills and Idaho paying the rest.
A few weeks prior, Rep. Lynn Luker brought legislation that would change the language concerning the administration of the fund. Idaho Code dictates that the health fund must cover “necessary” medical procedures, a term which Luker wants to change to “emergency.” He says the bill would save Idaho about $5 million, but hospitals oppose it because they say medical centers would have to eat the uncovered health costs.
McGeachin’s bill would increase the amount counties pay to $12,000 and the state would continue to pay the rest.
“We are, as a state, looking for every dollar we can find today,” said McGeachin. “These are some savings to the state.”
McGeachin did not run for re-election in 2012.
McGeachin won re-election to District Seat 32A in 2010 with no opposition. She ran unopposed in the Republican primary on May 25th. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 32A (2010)|
|Janice McGeachin (R)||13,121||100.0%|
On November 4, 2008, Republican Janice McGeachin won re-election to the Idaho House of Representatives District 32A receiving 73% of the vote (15,090 votes), ahead of Democrat Scott Cannon who received 27% of the vote (5,579 votes).
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 32A (2008)|
|Janice McGeachin (R)||15,090||73%|
|Scott Cannon (D)||5,579||27%|
In 2010, a year in which McGeachin was up for re-election, she collected $15,161 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Idaho House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Janice McGeachin's campaign in 2010|
|Idaho Healthcare Association||$1,502|
|Idaho Telecom Alliance||$1,000|
|Idaho Farm Bureau||$750|
|Syringa Networks Llc||$656|
|Total Raised in 2010||$15,161|
In 2008, McGeachin raised $17,466.
Listed below are those who contributed the most to her campaign.
|Idaho Republican Party||$1,000|
|Idaho Healthcare Association||$1,000|
|Mountain View Hospital||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Janice + McGeachin + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Janice McGeachin's personal website
- Idaho House of Representatives - Janice McGeachin
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2004, 2002
- Janice McGeachin on Facebook
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. McGeachin
- "Bill would shift more catastrophic health costs to counties," Idaho Reporter, March 1st, 2011
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Idaho Elected Officials," February 8, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State - 2010 General election results
- Idaho House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- 2010 campaign contributions
- 2008 contributors to Janice McGeachin
|Idaho House of Representatives District 32A
| Succeeded by|
Marc Gibbs (R)