For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Former candidate for|
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 80|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Iowa State University|
|Service/branch||Iowa Army National Guard|
|Years of service||2006-2012|
Godby earned his B.A. in Political Science from Iowa State University. His professional experience includes working as a Legislative Aide in the Iowa House of Representatives and a Legislative\Constituent Correspondent in the United States Senate. He served in the Iowa Army National Guard from 2006 to 2012.
Godby's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "The major concerns in education at the moment are deciding how much money the state should give to educate our children and what type of education they should receive. These are old questions, but always very important ones that should regularly be revisited."
Agriculture & Conservation
- Excerpt: "In the last few decades we’ve seen much of our smaller farms being sold off to large corporate farms who can outbid beginning farmers. When we lose our farmers we lose a certain way of life that has been around in Iowa since we began to settle here. With fewer farmers our small towns get even smaller because the businesses that used to serve the farmers have to close up shop."
Infrastructure & Technology
- Excerpt: "The development of infrastructure and technology will help Iowa businesses compete with the online and national markets. Road infrastructure upkeep and development is necessary for safe transportation of goods and people."
Jobs & Economy
- Excerpt: "If we really want to help improve our economy we need to start focusing on the businesses that are created and run by Iowans who won’t leave the state as soon as they have the chance. Iowans are hard working, intelligent individuals that, given the chance, could grow to compete with this same businesses that the state government is trying to draw here."
- Excerpt: "Iowans need to get together and discuss this issue ourselves to determine how to best reach our goal of full coverage for all our citizens. We need to be open to all the options and be willing to discuss the pros and cons of each in a civil manner if we ever hope to meet our goal."
Elections for the office of Iowa House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Larry Sheets was unopposed in the Republican primary and faced Deb Ballalatak (D) and Jared Godby (I) in the general election after Ballalatak filed to run on August 15, 2014. Incumbent Sheets defeated both Ballatak and Godby in the general election.
|Iowa House of Representatives District 80, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Larry Sheets Incumbent||59.5%||6,241|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jared + Godby + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Iowa House of Representatives
- Iowa House of Representatives District 80
- Iowa House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Iowa State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Jared Godby on Facebook
- Jared Godby on LinkedIn
- Biographical information submitted by candidate to Ballotpedia on August 17, 2014.
- godbyforiowa.com, "Issues," accessed September 29, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed December 1, 2014
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |