|New York State Assembly, District 53|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||September 10, 2013|
|High school||Xavier High School (1997)|
|Bachelor's||Fordham University (2001)|
|J.D.||Fordham University School of Law (2004)|
was a 2013 Democratic
candidate for District 53 of the New York State Assembly
He was also a 2012 Democratic
candidate for District 18
of the New York State Senate
Otano is an attorney, community advocate, and entrepreneur. He has served as General Counsel to Brooklyn Borough President, Marty Markowitz, advising on legal and policy issues.
- JD, Fordham University, 2004
- Bachelors Degree, double major in Latin American/Latino Studies and Political Science, Fordham College at Rose Hill, 2001
- See also: New York state legislative special elections, 2013
Otano ran in the special election for New York State Assembly District 53. The seat was vacant following Vito Lopez (D)'s resignation amidst a sex scandal. Otano was defeated by Maritza Davila (D) in the open primary on September 10. Otano, running for the Working Families Party, was defeated by Davila again in the special election on November 5.
|New York State Assembly, District 53 Democratic Primary, 2013
| Charveys Gonzalez
| Jason A. Otano
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2012
Otano ran in the 2012 election for New York State Senate District 18. Otano was defeated by incumbent Martin Malave Dilan in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012.
|New York State Senate, District 18 Democratic Primary, 2012
Martin Malave Dilan Incumbent
| Jason Otano
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jason + Otano + New + York + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 vote.nyc.ny.us, "Official Democratic primary results," accessed November 19, 2013
- ↑ Jason Otano, "About," accessed August 30, 2012
- ↑ Associated Press, "NY Assemblyman accused of sex harass resigns," May 18, 2013. Retrieved May 23, 2013.
- ↑ theepochtimes.com, "Charveys Gonzalez Wins Special Election for NY Assembly District 53," September 10, 2013
- ↑ hosted.ap.org, "Unofficial election results," November 5, 2013
- ↑ State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ↑ ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012