|Board member, Belton Board of Trustees, At-large|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||May 10, 2014|
|First elected||May 14, 2011|
|Bachelor's||Tarleton State University|
Carothers earned his undergraduate degree from Tarleton State University in 1992. He worked as a teacher and coach at White Settlement Independent School District until 1995. Carothers has worked in the construction industry since 1995. He and his wife, Jamie, have three children who attend district schools.
|Belton Independent School District, At-Large General Election, 3-year term, 2014|
|Nonpartisan||Jason Carothers Incumbent||49.2%||218|
|Nonpartisan||Amanda Winkler Incumbent||42.4%||188|
|Nonpartisan||Donald Wayne Copeland||8.4%||37|
|Source: Belton Independent School District, "Board Meeting Minutes," May 19, 2014|
Carothers did not report any campaign contributions or expenditures to the district office.
Carothers did not receive any official endorsements for his campaign.
About the districtBelton, Texas, a city located in Bell County. According to the United States Census Bureau, Belton is home to 19,409 residents. Belton Independent School District is the 105th-largest school district in Texas, serving 9,552 students during the 2011-2012 school year.
Belton outperformed the rest of Texas in terms of higher education achievement in 2010. The United States Census Bureau found that 27.1 percent of Belton residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 26.3 percent for Texas as a whole. The median household income in Belton was $50,066 compared to $51,563 for the state of Texas. The poverty rate in Belton was 17.7 percent compared to 17.4 percent for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin rather than a race. Citizens may report both their race and their place of origin, and as a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table may exceed 100 percent.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jason + Carothers + Belton + Independent + School + District"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Belton Independent School District, "Board of Trustees: Jason Carothers," accessed February 19, 2014
- KWTX, "May 14, 2011 City-School Elections, Contested Races," accessed February 19, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Belton, Texas," accessed February 19, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed May 5, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "Historical Election Results," accessed February 19, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one- or two-tenths off from being exactly 100 percent. This Ballotpedia page provides a more detailed explanation of how the Census Bureau handles race and ethnicity in its surveys.
|2014 Belton Independent School District Elections|
|Election date:||May 10, 2014|
|Candidates:||At-large: • Jason Carothers • Donald Wayne Copeland • Amanda Winkler|
|Important information:||Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|