|Ohio House of Representatives District 36|
|Profession||Small business owner|
Cowling's professional experience includes working over ten years in the security industry, as a project manager, salesperson, and system designer for commercial security applications. He and his wife own a non-profit small business called Cerbercation, which encourages Ohio high school students to pursue technology majors in college.
Cowling earned his B.A. in English from Hiram College in 1997. He attended Carnegie Mellon University from 2009-2010 as a Scholarship for Service recipient. Cowling is pursing his Masters in public administration.
Cowling is affiliated with the following organizations; Technical Advisory Board - CSO Magazine, Hiram College Reunion Committee, and Green Democrats Club.
In a submitted bio, Cowling highlights the following legislation he would support:
- Access to jobs that are financially rewarding and fulfilling.
- Adult skill retraining.
- Quality public education
- Medical care for all, especially for seniors and children who lack coverage.
- Support for our veterans and their families, especially when returning from duty.
- Individual’s right to safety at home and in health care facilities.
- Affordable home ownership and having banks help those who need mortgage refinancing.
- Protection of the rights of all workers.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 36 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Cowling and his wife, Shannon, have two children.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Canton Repository, "Candidate profiles: Ohio House, 36th District," January 30 2012
- Jason Cowling on LinkedIn
- Jason Cowling on Facebook
- Jason Cowling on Twitter
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |