For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Missouri State Senate District 27|
|2005 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Term limits||2 four-year terms|
|Missouri State House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||Southeast Missouri State University, 1995|
|J.D.||University of Missouri, 1998|
|Date of birth||February 3, 1972|
|Place of birth||Cape Girandeau, MO|
Crowell earned his B.A. and B.S. in Economics from Southeast Missouri State University in 1995. He went on to receive his J.D. from the University of Missouri in 1998.
Crowell has been an attorney for both Oliver, Oliver and Watz, PC; and Osburn, Hine, Kuntze, Yates and Murphy, LLC since 1998.
Crowell served in the Missouri State House of Representatives from 2001 to 2005. In 2002 he was House Majority Floor Leader.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Crowell served on these committees:
Select Committee on Redistricting
- Small Business, Insurance and Industry
- Veterans Affairs, Pensions and Urban Affairs, Chair
- Joint Committee on Gaming and Wagering
- Joint Committee on Legislative Research
- Joint Committee on Public Employee Retirement
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Crowell served on these committees:
- Financial and Governmental Organizations and Elections Committee, Missouri Senate
- Gubernatorial Appointments Committee, Missouri Senate
- Progress and Development Committee, Missouri Senate
- Small Business, Insurance and Industry Committee, Missouri Senate
- Veterans' Affairs, Pensions and Urban Affairs Committee, Missouri Senate
Republican members of the Missouri congressional delegation assembled in April 2011 to throw their weight behind changes to the two existing congressional redistricting maps.
The chairmen of the state legislature’s redistricting committees, Rep. John Diehl, Sen. Scott Rupp, House Speaker Steven Tilley, House Majority Floor Leader Rep. Tim Jones, Senate President Pro Tem Robert Mayer, and Majority Floor Leader Sen. Tom Dempsey. Senators Jason Crowell and Brad Lager were seen entering party headquarters, but did not stay long.
Congress members Jo Ann Emerson, Blaine Luetkemeyer, Todd Akin, Vicky Hartzler and Sam Graves were said to have joined the conversation in person or via phone link.
The redistricting stalemate between the Missouri House and Senate spurred debate and Crowell's warning of a filibuster against any attempt to pass the House version of the redistricting map.
The controversy concentrated on the way the two maps divided St. Charles and Jefferson Counties. The House map split St. Charles County in two and Jefferson County three ways. The Senate map featured a compact St. Charles County, and only two divisions in Jefferson County.
|Missouri State Senate, District 27 (2008)|
|Jason Crowell (R)||49,059||64.2%|
|Linda Sanders (D)||27,308||35.8%|
|Missouri State Senate, District 27 (2004)|
|Jason Crowell (R)||48,417||66.1%|
|Donnie Owens (D)||23,446||32.0%|
|Chris Morrill (L)||1,370||1.9%|
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 158 (2002)|
|Jason Crowell (R)||8,103||89.4%|
|Darby Ulery (L)||960||10.6%|
His four largest contributors in 2008 were:
|DLH Services Inc.||$15,000|
|Survey St. Louis LLC||$13,000|
|Missouri Association of Realtors||$11,650|
|Committee for Responsible Government||$8,000|
His four largest contributors in 2004 were:
|Missouri Bankers Association||$9,425|
|6th Republican Congressional District Cmte||$5,000|
|34th Republican Senatorial District Cmte||$3,500|
|156th Republican Legislative District Cmte||$3,025|
His four largest contributors in 2002 were:
|Missouri Bankers Association||$2,500|
|Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys||$2,350|
|Missouri Petroleum Marketers & Convenience Store Association||$600|
His four largest contributors in 2000 were:
|Plaza Tire Service||$1,300|
|Girardeau Park Family Medicine||$1,000|
|Oliver Jr, John||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Jason + Crowell + Missouri + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Jason Crowell's official campaign site
- Jason Crowell's official Missouri Senate member page
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- State Surge legislative profile
- Jason Crowell on Facebook
- Jason Crowell on Twitter
- Jason Crowell on YouTube
- Jason Crowell on Flickr
- "Congressional Delegation Wades in to Redistricting Fight," Missouri News Horizon," April 19, 2011
- Missouri Secretary of State - 2008 General Election Results
- Missouri Secretary of State - 2004 General Election Results
- Missouri Secretary of State - 2002 General Election Results
- Campaign contributions on Follow the Money
|Missouri State Senate District 27
| Succeeded by|
Wayne Wallingford (R)