|North Dakota House of Representatives District 7|
|December 1, 2012 - present|
|December 1, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||Up to $1,569/month for lodging|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of North Dakota|
|Service/branch||North Dakota Army National Guard|
|Profession||Small Business Owner|
Dockter earned his B.S.C. from the University of North Dakota. His professional experience includes being a small business owner. Dockter has served in the North Dakota Army National Guard.
|North Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Finance and Taxation|
|• Government and Veterans Affairs|
Dockter has stated that he is concerned with the infrastructure of the western part of the state, as well as education and responsible spending.
Elections for the office of North Dakota House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 10, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 7, 2014. Incumbent Rick Becker and incumbent Jason Dockter were unopposed in the Republican primary and are unchallenged in the general election.
Dockter ran in the 2012 election for North Dakota House District 7. Dockter and Rick Becker ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 12. They defeated Tom Kelsh and Warren D. Larson in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
Comprehensive donor information for Dockter is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Dockter raised a total of $4,400 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 29, 2013.
|Jason Dockter's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Dakota State House, District 7||$4,400|
|Grand Total Raised||$4,400|
2012Dockter won election to the North Dakota State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Dockter raised a total of $4,400.
|North Dakota State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jason Dockter's campaign in 2012|
|North Dakota Petroleum Council||$750|
|North Dakota Association of Realtors||$700|
|House Republican Caucus of North Dakota||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$4,400|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- North Dakota Family Alliance: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills that were great interest to the family.
- Greater North Dakota Chamber: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills impacting North Dakota's business community.
Dockter and his wife, Natascha, have two children. They currently reside in Bismarck, North Dakota.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jason + Dockter + North + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Dakota House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Dakota Legislative Assembly
- North Dakota state legislative districts
- Profile from the North Dakota House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contribution via Follow the Money: 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Rep. Jason Dockter," accessed May 23, 2014
- Bismarck Tribune, "Two enter District 7 House race," accessed September 20, 2012
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Contest/Candidate List," accessed April 9, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "Official Results Primary Election - June 10, 2014," accessed July 8, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election results," accessed May 13, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 General Election results," accessed May 13, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Dockter, Jason," accessed May 29, 2013
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |