|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 42B|
|January 8, 2013 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Assistant Majority Leader, Minnesota House of Representatives|
|2013 - present|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Isaacson served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Education Policy|
|• Environment and Natural Resources Policy|
|• Housing Finance and Policy|
|• Jobs and Economic Development Finance and Policy|
Isaacson's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I view public education as the most important line of defense for the middle class. It is the most important tool we have to battle poverty."
- Excerpt: "In my opinion, this amendment is a violation of our inherent right to pursue happiness."
- Excerpt: "I oppose right to work on several principles."
- Excerpt: "There is simply no evidence of voter fraud that would warrant this kind of legislation. Additionally, upon careful examination of the proponents of this legislation, it is clear that the real purpose is voter suppression."
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 12, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Jason Isaacson was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Heidi Gunderson was unopposed in the Republican primary.
Isaacson won election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 42B. He was unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14 and deafeated Ken Rubenzer (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 42B, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Isaacson is available dating back to 2002. Based on available campaign finance records, Isaacson raised a total of $35,958 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 13, 2013.
|Jason Isaacson's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota House, District 42B||$25,986|
|2002||Minnesota House, District 37B||$9,972|
|Grand Total Raised||$35,958|
2012Isaacson won election to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Isaacson raised a total of $25,986.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jason Isaacson's campaign in 2012|
|Paul Gardner for the MN House||$2,950|
|Senate District 42||$1,850|
|LDC Political Fund - #40712 Laborers District Council of MN & ND||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$25,986|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jason + Isaacson + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- "isaacsonfor42b," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "State Canvassing Board Report," August 19, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 25, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 18, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Isaacson, Jason (Ike)," accessed December 13, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed May 15, 2014
Jenifer Loon (R)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 42B
| Succeeded by|
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |