|U.S. House, California, District 11|
|Profession||Oil refinery worker|
was a 2014 Independent
candidate who sought election to the U.S. House
to represent the 11th Congressional District
Ramey works at a local oil refinery and is a member of the United Steel Workers.
Ramey's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Abortion: "I am a firm believer in a woman’s right to choose. I don’t think that neither the state nor any other entity should have a say in a woman’s choice on pregnancy. There are a million ways to debate this for prochoice or prolife, and another million circumstances on why they both have a valid point. But I still believe that it all boils down to what the woman chooses."
- Education: "Having two children of my own, Education is very important to me, and watching our education system get worse and worse year after year has me enraged! Not only is California now ranked 50th in the U.S. for per-student spending, our nation has slipped on the international scale as well. It’s time that we had someone in Congress whose true passion is the education of our youth."
- Gay Rights: "Discrimination is discrimination no matter how you cut it. When we single out a smaller group for different thinking or different beliefs its discrimination, Even when it goes against your religion or culture or even your own opinion, we have to remember that everyone is different in their views and is entitled to their own."
- Gun Control: "While gun laws that limit the possession of fully automatic firearms can be a good thing as almost nobody has a need for one. Laws that limit basic firearms such as pistols, shotguns and rifles to law abiding citizens can be hurtful to our cities and communities."
- Immigration: "I believe that our boarders and laws protecting them are there for a reason, to protect our wonderful union from harm. Whether it is from terrorists or foreign bugs, overpopulation or poorly manufactured cheap products. These laws are here for a reason and I support them. I think that the illegal people that have entered our country pose a threat and are a hazard to our country and themselves."
—Jason Ramey's campaign website, http://www.jasonrameyforcongress.com/standpoints/
- See also: California's 11th Congressional District elections, 2014
Ramey ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 11th District. Ramey was defeated in the blanket primary on June 3, 2014.
|U.S. House, California District 11 Primary, 2014
|| Cheryl Sudduth
|| Tony Daysog
|| Jason Ramey
|| Ki Ingersol
|Source: California Secretary of State
Ramey and his wife, Kailani, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jason + Ramey + California + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Jason Ramey News Feed
- ↑ Campaign website, accessed March 13, 2014
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Campaign website, "About Jason Ramey," accessed April 15, 2014
- ↑ Campaign website, "Standpoints," accessed April 15, 2014
- ↑ Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- ↑ The New York Times, "California Primary Results," June 3, 2014