|North Carolina House of Representatives District 97|
|2011 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Appointed||August 24, 2011|
Saine is a public relations and social media manager.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Saine served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations, Vice-chair|
|• Commerce and Job Development, Vice-chair|
|• Rules, Calendar, and Operations of the House|
Saine's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Jobs & The Economy
- Excerpt:"It is Jason’s belief that government’s role in a free enterprise system should be limited and should foster an environment where individual initiative and innovation are rewarded, not discouraged. Excessive regulation and taxation are contradictive to a free society."
- Excerpt:"Jason is unequivocally Pro-Life and will fight for legislation which protects life from conception until natural death."
Taxes & Spending
- Excerpt:"Jason believes that we must develop a modern tax code that will better conform to our changing economy & promote income growth, business investment & make our economy more diverse. We can do this by making the tax code simpler, more transparent and easier to understand and administer."
- Excerpt:"Jason believes in school choice and that competition is the best way to improve education performance. To that point, fair comparisons must be made and when we find innovations in one area, we must quickly implement those advances throughout our public schools."
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on May 6, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Jason Saine is unopposed in the Republican primary, while Rosemary Hubbard is unopposed in the Democratic primary.
Saine ran for re-election in 2012. He defeated Jim Klein and Charles E. Newman in the May 8, 2012, Republican primary. He was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 97, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Jason Saine Incumbent||100%||26,690|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 97 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Jason R. Saine Incumbent||51.6%||5,982|
|Charles E. Newman||13.9%||1,615|
Comprehensive donor information for Saine is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Saine raised a total of $33,782 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 3, 2013.
|Jason Saine's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 97||$33,782|
|Grand Total Raised||$33,782|
2012Saine won election to the North Carolina House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Saine raised a total of $33,782.
|North Carolina House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jason Saine's campaign in 2012|
|Gilleland, Christopher David||$3,050|
|Bryan, John D||$2,000|
|Independent Insurance Agents of North Carolina||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$33,782|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jason + Saine + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Carolina General Assembly
- North Carolina state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the North Carolina House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Jason Saine on Facebook
- Jason Saine on Twitter
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- jasonsaine.com - Issues
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 10, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 10, 2014
- North Carolina Board of Elections "Candidate lists," accessed March 5, 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed June 22, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Saine, Jason" Accessed September 3, 2013
|North Carolina House - District 97
August 24, 2011–present
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |