|Michigan House of Representatives, District 56|
|January 1, 2015 - present|
|December 31, 2016|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms|
Sheppard's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I want to see more money in the citizen’s pocket. I will not favor tax increase, and believe strongly in common sense approval and use of funds."
- Excerpt: "It’s time to evaluate what we are spending, and where it is being spent. Michiganders have spent too long dealing with bad road conditions."
- Excerpt: "Because schools do not work on unlimited funds (tax-payer dollars), we should be more closely evaluating where every dollar goes. This will give our kids a better chance at a higher quality education, while preparing them for their post-graduation futures."
- Excerpt: "It is time for michigan to re-vamp the no fault insurance program. For too long citizens and business alike have paid higher premiums due to the unlimited medical claims from catastrophic accidents. This fund is a private fund and has no real oversight."
- Excerpt: "I am a pro-life candidate and I will stand by the statement that life begins at conception."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Tom Redmond was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Jason Sheppard defeated Irma Kubiske in the Republican primary. Al Bain ran as a U.S. Taxpayers Party candidate. Sheppard defeated Redmond and Bain in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 56 General Election, 2014|
|U.S. Taxpayers||Al Bain||2.6%||697|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 56 Republican Primary, 2014|
In 2014, Sheppard's endorsements included the following:
- Assistant Prosecutor Michael Brown
- Senator Randy Richardville
- US Congressman Tim Walberg
- Commissioner Dave Hoffman
- Commissioner J. Henry Lievens
- Commissioner Mark Brant
- MB&T President and CEO Doug Chaffin
- Erik Chappell
- Sue Garverick
- Rebecca Hicks
- John Bates, Jr
- Tim Lake
- John Bates, Sr
- Tracy Oberleiter
- Anette Phillips
- Jess Saylor
- Michael Whittaker
- Patricia Braden
- Barry Buschmann
- Right to Life of Michigan
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jason + Sheppard + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 56
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Michigan House Republicans - Jason Sheppard
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Jason Sheppard on Facebook
- Jason Sheppard on Twitter
- sheppardforrep.com, "Platform," accessed July 30, 2014 (dead link)
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- sheppardforrep.com, "Supporters," accessed July 30, 2014
- Right to Life of Michigan, "Elections," accessed June 18, 2014
Dale Zorn (R)
|Michigan House of Representatives District 56
| Succeeded by|
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |