|Oklahoma State Senate, District 28|
|November 18, 2014-present|
|November 20, 2018|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 6, 2018|
|Term limits||12 years total in the legislature|
|Oklahoma House of Representatives, District 32|
|Bachelor's||University of Oklahoma|
|Service/branch||United States Marine Corps|
Smalley earned his B.A. in Social Sciences from the University of Oklahoma. His professional experience includes working as a technology consultant. He served in the United States Marine Corps.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Smalley served on the following committees:
|Oklahoma Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Veterans and Military Affairs|
In the 2013-2014 legislative session, Smalley served on the following committees:
|Oklahoma Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Common Education|
|• Government Modernization|
- See also: Oklahoma State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Oklahoma State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 11, 2014. Marilyn Rainwater defeated Billy Hinton in the Democratic primary, while Jason Smalley defeated Michael Ballard, Charles Mashek, Joe Dobry and Danny Williams in the Republican primary. Smalley defeated Rainwater in the general election.
|Oklahoma State Senate, District 28 General Election, 2014|
|Oklahoma State Senate, District 28 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Oklahoma State Senate, District 28 Republican Primary, 2014|
Smalley ran in the 2012 election for Oklahoma House District 32. Smalley defeated Coy Ray Farmer in the Republican primary on June 26 and defeated Keith Kinnamon in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Oklahoma House of Representatives, District 32, General Election, 2012|
|Oklahoma House of Representatives District 32 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Coy Ray Farmer||34.6%||605|
Comprehensive donor information for Jason Smalley is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Jason Smalley raised a total of $109,345 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 22, 2013.
|Jason Smalley's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Oklahoma House of Representatives, District 32||$109,345|
|Grand Total Raised||$109,345|
2012Jason Smalley won election to the Oklahoma House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Jason Smalley raised a total of $109,345.
|Oklahoma House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jason Smalley's campaign in 2012|
|Republican State House Cmte||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$109,345|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the 54th Oklahoma State Legislature, first session, was in session from February 4 to May 24. In 2014, the Oklahoma State Legislature, second session, was in session from February 3 to May 23.
- Research Institute for Economic Development: 2013 Reid Report
- Research Institute for Economic Development: 2014 Reid Report
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills dealing with business, industry, job creation and economic growth issues deemed important by the private sector.
- Oklahoma Sierra Club: 2013 Environmental Report Card
- Oklahoma Sierra Club: 2014 Environmental Report Card
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills dealing with the environment.
- Greater Oklahoma City Chamber: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills dealing with the growth and development of the Oklahoma City region.
Smalley and his wife, C'anne, have one child, Gideon.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jason + Smalley + Oklahoma + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oklahoma State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Oklahoma State Legislature
- Oklahoma state legislative districts
- Profile from the Oklahoma State Senate
- Official campaign website
- Senate profile from Open States
- Full legislative profile from Open States
- Jason Smalley on Facebook
- Jason Smalley on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- News OK, "Oklahoma House District 32 candidates," accessed June 18, 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed December 31, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Candidates for State Elective Officials 2014," accessed April 15, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Official Results Statewide Primary Election — June 24, 2014," accessed July 10, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Official General Election Results, Federal, State, Legislative and Judicial Races — November 4, 2014," accessed November 5, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Candidates for State Elective Office 2012," April 13, 2012
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Official Primary Election Results— June 26, 2012," July 6, 2012
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Runoff Primary Election Results— August 28, 2012," accessed May 25, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "General Election Results— November 6, 2012," accessed May 25, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Smalley, Jason," accessed July 22, 2013
Harry Coates (R)
|Oklahoma State Senate - District 28
| Succeeded by|
Danny Morgan (D)
|Oklahoma House of Representatives District 32
| Succeeded by|
Kevin Wallace (R)