|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 96|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Real estate broker|
He currently serves on the City of Hickory's Brownfield Advisory Group. He has served on numerous boards and committees in the Catawba County Chamber of Commerce, the Western Piedmont Council of Governments and the City of Hickory.
Adams earned a B.S. in Education from the Citadel. His professional experience includes working as a real estate broker, for SIECOR as a Technical Communications Specialist and for Deville Furniture.
On his campaign page on Facebook, Adams said he running for office for the following reasons:
- Excerpt: "I have decided to run for the NC House District 96 seat because I believe that I have the capability and drive to learn about the issues that face North Carolina, represent the constituents of my district and find means and methods of facilitating efforts to create and nurture job creation in our community. By serving on many boards and committees related to community service, land use and development I have effectively trained myself to listen, cooperate and communicate with people to solve problems, develop effective strategies and advance ideas. Many years ago I worked in a furniture plant. My memories of the people, the manufacturing processes, the opportunities that opened from hard work and the team spirit that evolved through sound leadership are not forgotten. I am passionate about restoring manufacturing jobs to our area."
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Cliff Moone was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Jay Adams defeated Joe Fox, Frank Willis and Wrappar Kellett in the Republican primary. Kellett withdrew from the race before the primary but remained on the ballot. Moone and Adams will face off in the general election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 96 Republican Primary, 2014|
Adams and his wife, Donna, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jay + Adams + North + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina House of Representatives elections, 2014
- North Carolina House of Representatives District 96
- Official campaign website
- Jay Adams on Facebook
- Jay Adams on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official primary candidate list
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official general election candidate list
- Official campaign website, "Experience," accessed April 22, 2014
- Facebook, "About Jay Adams," accessed April 22, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results For 2014," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed June 12, 2014
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |