|Jay Alan Bonner|
|U.S. House, Florida, District 20|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Palm Beach Gardens Community High School|
|Associate's||Palm Beach Community College|
Bonner is a long time Palm Beach County resident, and attended both primary and secondary school in the Palm Beach County public school system.
Following graduation from Palm Beach Gardens Community High School in 1973, Bonner soon began a career in land surveying. He went on to study land surveying at Palm Beach Community College and received his A.S. in 1979.
From 1976 through 1987, Bonner worked for private land surveying companies until he opened his own land surveying business, Sunshine Surveyors, in April 1987 with his wife. Bonner and his wife continue to own and operate Sunshine Surveyors.
In August 2009, Bonner began working with his brother as a mobile marketing consultant. He continues to work in this role in addition to working as a land surveyor.
Bonner stated that he is running "to advance a great awakening that is happening in America. [He is] running to proclaim that GOD loves you and that HE has provided a way for Americans to leave a spiritual desert and cross over into a promised land." He listed the following five points for a better nation on his campaign website:
|“||1) Acknowledge GOD: We need to admit the existence, reality, and truth of GOD. We need to recognize HIS being, HIS force and power. We need to give thanks and gratitude to HIM.
2) In GOD we trust: This is our national and the State of Florida motto. We need to recognize the historical significance of why Congress changed our national motto in 1956 to 'In God we Trust.'
3) Love GOD and love your neighbors: This is the American dream. Love is the living fulfillment of all our laws, rules and regulations. It has been said, 'If we could all live in love with each other it would be heaven.'
4) It is all about our children: Our focus needs to return to our children. We need to empower our children to save America. We need not enslave our children with a crushing financial debt.
5) Send able leaders to Washington who fear GOD, know the truth and hate dishonest gain: This wise instruction given to Moses in Exodus 18:21 still holds true today.
Bonner is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Florida's 20th District. Bonner ran unopposed for the Republican nomination in the primary. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
Candidates for Congress are required to file up to seven main reports with the Federal Election Commission during the 2014 elections season. Below are Bonner's reports.
|Jay Bonner (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|Year End||January 31, 2014||$0||$7,810||$(5,461)||$2,348|
Bonner and his wife, Debbie, live in Palm Beach County, Florida.
In addition to owning his own business, Bonner also is active in the community. In July 2002, he established the Character Council of Palm Beach County working with local schools to promote the six pillars of character. He also served as the Chair of the Circuit 15 Juvenile Justice Board from July 2005 through June 2009. In this role, he secured state funding for additional classroom space at the Palm Beach Regional Juvenile Detention Center. Additionally, Bonner established the Faith & Community Network to assist those in juvenile justice system.
In June 2013, Bonner helped to launch Operation Embrace, a program aiming to inform religious communities of juvenile justice issues in an effort to assist youth offenders and their families.
Bonner is also actively involved in his church, the Northlake Boulevard Church of the Nazarene.
For recognition of outstanding community service, Bonner received The Edith Bush Community Service Award from The Martin Luther King, Jr. Coordinating Committee in January 2008.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jay + Bonner + Florida + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States congressional delegations from Florida
- United States House of Representatives
- Florida's 20th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Florida's 20th Congressional District
- Federal Election Commission, "Jay Alan Bonner Summary reports," accessed October 30, 2013
- Jay Bonner for Congress: "About Jay," accessed November 24, 2013
- Information submitted on Ballotpedia’s biographical information submission form on November 21, 2013
- Jay Bonner for Congress: "Our 5 points," accessed November 24, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Federal Election Commission, "Year End Report," accessed February 24, 2014
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |