|Arkansas Commissioner of Insurance|
|January 15, 2009 - Present|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||December 31, 2008|
|Appointed by||Governor Mike Beebe|
|Arkansas State Senate|
|2000 – 2007|
|Arkansas House of Representatives|
|1983 – 1999|
|High school||Subiaco Academy|
|Bachelor's||Henderson State College (1963)|
|Birthday||April 30, 1940|
|Place of birth||Little Rock, Arkansas|
- Subiaco Academy
- Henderson State College, Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics and Psychology, 1963
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Honorary Doctor of Science
Arkansas Commissioner of Insurance (2009-Present)
Department of Human Services (2007-2009)
Before becoming commissioner, Bradford served for two years as Director of the Behavioral Health Services division in the Arkansas Department of Human Services.
Arkansas State Senate (2000-2007)
Arkansas House of Representatives (1983-1999)
He also served for 24 years in both state legislative houses; from 1983 to 1999 he was a member of the Arkansas House of Representatives and he served variously as speaker pro tempore of the House.
Arkansas’s Freedom Scorecard
The Advance Arkansas Institute, an Arkansas-based nonprofit research and educational organization, released "Arkansas's Freedom Scorecard" in 2012. The scorecard seeks to show how Arkansas legislators voted on the principles the Institute seeks to promote. It measures each state legislator in six categories, which include economic freedom, education reform, good government, personal liberty, small government and tax/budget policy. Scores range from the highest score (100%) to the lowest (0%). A higher score indicates that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Institute. Bradford received a score of 55% in the 2012 scorecard, ranking 66th out of 97 members of the Arkansas House of Representatives that were evaluated for the study.
He and his wife, Anne, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jay + Bradford + Arkansas + Insurance"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Arkansas Insurance Commissioner issues statement regarding Affordable Care ... - THV 11
- Arkansas Health Insurance Sign Ups Fall Well Short of Expectations - KARK
- Insurer's network subject of inquiry - Arkansas Online (subscription)
- Arkansas Receives High Marks for Health Insurance Exchange - KARK
- Brock: AG McDaniel announces deal to end deseg case - Log Cabin Democrat
- State to stick with plan for individual policies - Arkansas Online (subscription)
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Arkansas Commissioner of Insurance
- Governor of Arkansas
- Gov. Mike Beebe
- Arkansas Auditor of State
- Lieutenant Governor of Arkansas
- Attorney General of Arkansas
- Arkansas Secretary of State
- Arkansas Department of Insurance - Commissioner Bradford
- Arkansas Department of Insurance
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- ↑ Arkansas Insurance Department, "Home," accessed May 22, 2012
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Arkansas Insurance Department "Commissioner Bio" Accessed September 20, 2012
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Project VoteSmart, "Bio of Jay Bradford," accessed June 22, 2011
- ↑ Office of the Arkansas Governor, "Governor Beebe Names Bradford As Insurance Commissioner," December 31, 2008
- ↑ Advance Arkansas Institute, "Arkansas’s Freedom Scorecard 2012"
|Arkansas House of Representatives
| Succeeded by|
|Arkansas State Senate
| Succeeded by|
|Arkansas Commissioner of Insurance
| Succeeded by|