For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|U.S. House, California, District 39|
|Profession||Intelligence Officer, United States Naval Reserve|
Chen's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Work with all parties to solve problems
- Excerpt: "and get the results we need from Washington to restore America back to its place in the world. We need to adhere to no ideology other than a commitment to move America forward and establish a more prosperous and exceptional country for our next generation."
- Create jobs now
- Excerpt: "by giving tax credits to companies that bring jobs and earnings back to the United States. As a congressman, I would support our main drivers of economic growth and employment, small businesses, by providing tax credits to encourage the hiring of more workers."
- Prepare our children to compete in the global economy
- Excerpt: "by incorporating computer science and foreign language classes into the standard curriculum. We need to upgrade our education system so that it meets the demands of an era defined by technology and globalization, and that means treating coding as reverentially as arithmetic, and expecting that all of our students can converse in a critical foreign language."
- Make higher education more accessible
- Excerpt: "by reinvesting in our universities and by allowing students to reduce educational debt through service-oriented careers after graduation. U.S. universities are becoming too expensive for our own students to attend, and more and more admissions are being given to foreign students."
- Honor the courage and sacrifice of our veterans
- Excerpt: "by providing them the job opportunities and health care they deserve when they return home, and by reallocating defense spending from costly, ineffective, and outdated weapons programs back to training and developing our service members."
Chen ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 39th District. He and district 40 incumbent Edward R. Royce (R) advanced past the blanket primary on June 5, 2012, defeating D'Marie Mulattieri (Ind). They faced off in the November 6, 2012, general election and Royce won.
|U.S. House, California District 39 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Ed Royce Incumbent||57.8%||145,607|
|Source: California Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, California District 39, 2012 - Jay Chen Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$2,746,376|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$4,515,190|
|Top contributors to Jay Chen's campaign committee|
|Leg Avenue Inc||$12,500|
|State of California||$10,250|
|Irell & Manella||$10,000|
|Service Employees International Union||$7,500|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Securities & Investment||$23,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jay + Chen + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- CNN, "California Districts Race - 2012 Election Center," accessed December 1, 2012
- Campaign website, Issues
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed March 13, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Unofficial election results," November 6, 2012 (dead link)
- Open Secrets, "Jay Chen 2012 Election Cycle," accessed March 19, 2013
State of California
|Ballot measures by year||
1910 | 1911 | 1912 | 1914 | 1915 | 1916 | 1919 | 1920 | 1922 | 1924 | 1926 | 1928 | 1930 | 1932 | 1933 | 1934 | 1935 | 1936 | 1938 | 1939 | 1940 | 1942 | 1944 | 1946 | 1948 | 1949 | 1950 | 1952 | 1954 | 1956 | 1958 | 1960 | 1962 | 1964 | 1966 | 1968 | 1970 | 1972 | 1973 | 1974 | 1976 | 1978 | 1980 | 1982 | 1984 | 1986 | 1988 | 1990 | 1992 | 1993 | 1994 | 1996 | 1998 | 2000 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2006 (local) | 2008 | 2008 (local) | 2009 | 2009 (local) | 2010 | 2010 (local) | 2011 (local) | 2012 | 2012 (local) | 2014 | 2016 |
|State executive offices||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary for Natural Resources | Director of Industrial Relations | President of Public Utilities |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
California school districts A - L |
California school districts M - Z |