|Maryland House of Delegates, District 10|
|January 14, 2015 - present|
|January 8, 2019|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Jalisi served on the following committees:
|Maryland Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Environment and Transportation|
Elections for the office of Maryland House of Delegates took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Incumbent Adrienne A. Jones, Jay Jalisi and Benjamin Brooks defeated Chris Blake, Michael Tyrone Brown, Sr., Regg J. Hatcher, Jr., Carin Smith, Frederick Strickland and Robert "Rob" Johnson in the Democratic primary, while William T. Newton was unopposed in the Republican primary. Jones, Jalisi and Brooks defeated Newton for three seats in the general election. Brown ran as a write-in candidate in the general election.
In October 2014, Jalisi paid a $2,500 civil fine for unknowingly violating state election law. Jalisi was charged with authorizing 28 expenditures as chairman of his campaign committee; under Maryland election law, candidates may not make disbursements on behalf of a campaign finance organization. Jalisi paid the fine soon after being charged. The maximum fine for a civil violation of state election code is $5,000.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jay + Jalisi + Maryland + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election results for House of Delegates," accessed December 5, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "2014 Official General Election Results," accessed April 30, 2015
- Office of the Maryland State Prosecutor, "October 6, 2014: State Delegate Candidate “Jay” Jalisi pays $2,500 Civil Fine for Disbursing Funds for His Campaign Finance Entity," October 6, 2014
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |