|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 84|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||West Iredell High School, 1984|
White attended UNC Chapel Hill and the University of Alaska at Fairbanks. His professional experience includes working for his family business from 1988 to 2007 and as a manager for a national retailer.
White's campaign website highlights the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Through my own experience and that of the people I've known, I have seen it become increasingly harder to do business. While the State taxes business on its profits, it also imposes costly regulations which function as an extra tax. These burdens prevent business from growing, adding employees, and in some cases ever even opening in the first place. As your voice in Raleigh, my first mission will be to identify these regulations with the help of outside sources who study them, gather support, and ultimately introduce the legislation needed to push back these barriers to economic growth."
- Excerpt: "I believe in a system where parents have a choice in their child's education. Whether it's for scholastic, religious, or other reasons, parents should have the strongest voice in their child's education. Beyond that, we need to instill in our children a sense of creative spirit, the belief that they really understand the world they live in and are ready to go out and change it. To that end, a renewed focus on civic education and the nuts and bolts of our Democracy, our Republic structure, and the power of our free market economy is not just necessary, but vital to our survival for generations to come."
- Excerpt: "Our government can not function properly without citizen involvement. I will not wait for citizens to come to me for input. I will be scheduling at least monthly, and more if requested, area town meetings to discuss any issues that we feel need to be addressed in Raleigh. I will be your voice in this process. It is not enough to be simply available to you. I will be out looking for ways to engage our community in conversation. To restate the point, the system simply can not function without this input. I have deep roots here, and nothing thrills me more than getting back out on the road seeing friends and making new ones."
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Rena W. Turner defeated Jay White and Kirk Sherrill in the Republican primary, while Gene Mitchell Mahaffey was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Mahaffey and Turner will face off in the general election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 84 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Rena W. Turner Incumbent||65.5%||5,889|
White ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 82. He lost to Larry G. Pittman in the Republican primary on May 8, 2012. No Democratic candidates filed for the district.
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 82 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Larry G. Pittman||51.5%||4,292|
White and his wife, Diana McLaughlin, have been married since 2008. He has two children from his first marriage. He also has four stepchildren and three grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jay + White + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina House of Representatives elections, 2014
- North Carolina House of Representatives District 84
- Official campaign website
- Jay White on Facebook
- Jay White on YouTube
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official primary candidate list
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official general election candidate list
- Official campaign website, "About Me," accessed April 21, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Main page," accessed April 21, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results For 2014," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 Primary Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 General Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed June 22, 2012
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |