|Board member, Mehlville Board of Education, At-large|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||April 8, 2014|
|First elected||April 8, 2014|
|Master's||University of Phoenix|
Pretto has her bachelor's degree from Webster University and her master's degree from the University of Phoenix. Her various career endeavors include being a substitute teacher in the Mehlville School District, spending 27 years in the automobile industry and teaching music. She and her husband, Joe, have two daughters.
|Mehlville School District, At-Large General Election, 3-year term, 2014|
|Nonpartisan||Rich Franz Incumbent||14.2%||2,564|
|Source: St. Louis County, Missouri, "General Municipal Election Official Results," accessed June 20, 2014|
Pretto received $1,035.10 in campaign contributions and spent $501.34, leaving her with $533.76 on hand.
What was at stake?
Three seats on the Mehlville school board were up for general election on April 8, 2014. Newcomers Venki Palamand, Jean Pretto and Samantha Stormer defeated the incumbent Rich Franz, as well as fellow challenger Randy Howard. Incumbents Mark Stoner and Elaine Powers had decided not to seek another term.
Issues in the district
In January 2014, it was announced that the Mehlville School Board was considering giving raises to teachers that met certain standards set by the Missouri School Improvement Program. Board member Elaine Powers stated that specific details had not been sorted out yet, but that it was being given serious consideration.
About the district
- See also: Mehlville School District, Missouri
St. Louis County outperformed the rest of Missouri in terms of higher education achievement in 2013. The United States Census Bureau found that 40.6 percent of St. Louis County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 26.2 percent for Missouri as a whole. The median household income in St. Louis County was $58,910 compared to $47,380 for the state of Missouri. The poverty rate in St. Louis County was 10.9 percent compared to 15.5 percent for the entire state.
Note: Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" percentage, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one- or two-tenths off. Read more about race and ethnicity in the Census here.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jean + Pretto + Mehlville + School + District + Missouri"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Fundly, "Jean Pretto for Mehlville School District Board of Education," accessed February 12, 2014
- Missouri Ethics Commission, "Campaign Finance Reports," accessed April 8, 2014
- Facebook, "Mehlville Community Taxpayers for Mehlville," accessed April 8, 2014
- Missouri NEA, "Recommendations," accessed April 8, 2014
- Staff report, CBS St. Louis, "Mehlville School District Considering Merit-Based Pay Plan," January 24, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "St. Louis County, Missouri," accessed February 3, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed April 22, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Missouri Election Results," accessed January 23, 2015
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
|2014 Mehlville School District Elections|
|Clay County, Missouri|
|Election date:||April 8, 2014|
|Candidates:||At-large: Incumbent, Rich Franz • Randy Howard • Venki Palamand • Jean Pretto • Samantha Stormer|
|Important information:||What was at stake? • Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|