|Governor of Florida|
|High school||Phillips Academy|
|Bachelor's||University of Texas|
|Date of birth||February 11, 1953|
|Place of birth||Midland, Texas|
Bush was born in Midland, Texas, and like his father (George H.W. Bush) and older brother (George W. Bush), he attended Phillips Academy, a private school in Massachusetts. During his time at Phillips, he participated in a study abroad program teaching English in Mexico. He earned a degree in Latin American studies from the University of Texas.
- 1987-1988: Florida Commerce Secretary
- 1988: Resigned post to help on George H.W. Bush presidential campaign
- 1994: Lost in the general election to be governor of Florida
- 1995-Present: Founder and chair of Foundation for Florida's Future
- 1999-2007: Governor of Florida
- 2007: Founded Jeb Bush & Associates consulting group
- 2013: Co-authored book Immigration Wars released
Bush is considered a possible Republican presidential candidate in 2016. Bush posted the following comments on his Facebook page on December 16, 2014: "I have decided to actively explore the possibility of running for President of the United States. In January, I also plan to establish a Leadership PAC that will help me facilitate conversations with citizens across America to discuss the most critical challenges facing our exceptional nation. The PAC’s purpose will be to support leaders, ideas and policies that will expand opportunity and prosperity for all Americans. In the coming months, I hope to visit with many of you and have a conversation about restoring the promise of America."
On April 19, 2013, former President George W. Bush said that he hoped his brother Jeb would consider running for president and would not "be afraid of entering the arena" because of the family name. Seventeen presidents, including George W. Bush, have also served as governors.
- See also: 2014 illegal immigration surge
On July 23, 2014, Bush called for Congress to take action on the surge in illegal immigration. He labeled the surge the "latest consequence of the failure of President [Barack] Obama and Congress to overhaul America’s broken immigration system." He stated that with the exception of those who were victims of sex trafficking, the unaccompanied minors needed to be sent home.
Bush is married to his wife Columba, with whom he has a three children. His father and brother are former presidents of the United States.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Jeb + Bush.
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- CNN, "Jeb Bush Fast Facts," January 25, 2014
- Biography.com, "Jeb Bush Biography," accessed May 15, 2014
- Facebook, "Jeb Bush," December 16, 2014
- New York Times, "Bush Urges His Brother to Run for President," April 19, 2013
- Center on the American Governor, "The Governors Who Became President: Brief Biographies," accessed October 30, 2013
- Politico, "Jeb Bush on border: Send the kids home," July 24, 2014