|Governor of Florida|
|High school||Phillips Academy|
|Bachelor's||University of Texas|
|Birthday||February 11, 1953|
|Place of birth||Midland, Texas|
Bush was born in Midland, Texas, and like his father (George H.W. Bush) and older brother (George W. Bush), he attended Phillips Academy, a private school in Massachusetts. During his time at Phillips, he participated in a study abroad program teaching English in Mexico. He earned a degree in Latin American studies from the University of Texas.
- 1987-1988: Florida Commerce Secretary
- 1988: Resigned post to help on George H.W. Bush presidential campaign
- 1994: Lost in the general election to be governor of Florida
- 1995-Present: Founder and chair of Foundation for Florida's Future
- 1999-2007: Governor of Florida
- 2007: Founded Jeb Bush & Associates consulting group
- 2013: Co-authored book Immigration Wars released
When Bush was asked what his plans were for 2016 during a school benefit in New York on April 23, 2014, he said, "I'm thinking about running for president." He told the audience he would make a decision by the end of 2014.
Speaker of the House John Boehner expressed his support for Bush in an interview on September 28, 2014. He said, "I'm not endorsing anybody. But Jeb Bush is my friend and, frankly, I think he'd make a great president."
Seventeen presidents have also served as governors.
- See also: 2014 illegal immigration surge
On July 23, 2014, Bush called for Congress to take action on the surge in illegal immigration. He labeled the surge the "latest consequence of the failure of President [Barack] Obama and Congress to overhaul America’s broken immigration system." He stated that with the exception of those who were victims of sex trafficking, the unaccompanied minors needed to be sent home.
Bush is married to his wife Columba, with whom he has a three children. His father and brother are former presidents of the United States.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Jeb + Bush.
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- CNN, "Jeb Bush Fast Facts," January 25, 2014
- Biography.com, "Jeb Bush Biography," accessed May 15, 2014
- Fox News, "Jeb Bush: ‘I’m thinking about running for president’," April 23, 2014
- New York Times, "Bush Urges His Brother to Run for President," April 19, 2013
- THe Hill, "Jeb Bush 'would be a great candidate,' Boehner says," September 28, 2014
- Center on the American Governor, "The Governors Who Became President: Brief Biographies," accessed October 30, 2013
- Politico, "Jeb Bush on border: Send the kids home," July 24, 2014