|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 12A|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Backer's campaign website highlights the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Bring new jobs to Minnesota through an improved small business climate and provide retraining and education opportunities for displaced workers."
- Excerpt: "Fair education funding for Greater Minnesota schools, reform and accountability to ensure dollars are spent in the classroom."
Affordable Health Care
- Excerpt: "Health care that preserves consumer choice, increases competition and effectively utilizes new technology — not a government run system."
- Excerpt: "Provided effective leadership for Browns Valley Flood Diversion Project."
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 12, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Jay McNamar was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Jeff Backer defeated Nancy Taffe in the Republican primary.
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2010
Backer had no opponent in the primary. He was defeated by incumbent Keith Langseth (DFL) in the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jeff + Backer + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Minnesota House of Representatives
- Minnesota House of Representatives District 12A
- Minnesota House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Minnesota State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Jeff Backer on Facebook
- Jeff Backer on LinkedIn
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings"
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 1, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Issues," accessed July 23, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "State Canvassing Board Report," August 19, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 25, 2014
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |