Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 34|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Bean's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "If we don’t fund public schools properly, we won’t have a work force able to handle the complexity of employment in the 21st century. Furthermore, we won’t have forward-thinking entrepreneurs in position to become job creators. Legislators should be working with educators across this state instead of against them - then we could create a teaching force that would once again be the model for the world."
- Excerpt: "I am driven to oppose restrictions placed on anyone because of race, creed, gender, sexual orientation or religion. It is always my intention to be inclusive rather than exclusive. We all deserve a seat at OUR table."
- Excerpt: "It is terrifying to see how local democracies were so easily demolished by replacing local government leaders with an emergency manager. Flint voters put a Mayor and a City Council in place, they deserve to be heard in a process that gives everyone a voice and a part in the process of local control."
Legislation Against Women
- Excerpt: "I am absolutely clear that no legislation should exist that tells a woman what she can and cannot do in regards to her health choices."
- Excerpt: "Research is pretty clear that crime plummets when you have a good economy. The best way to reduce crime in Flint is to get decent paying jobs back here. The best way to do that is to diversify the economy."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Sheldon Neeley defeated seven others in the Democratic primary. Bruce Rogers was unopposed in the Republican primary. Neeley defeated Rogers in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 34 General Election, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jeff + Bean + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 34
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- beanstandsup.com, "Platform," accessed July 28, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |