|Thompson Board of Education, District A|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|Appointed||August 22, 2013|
|Bachelor's||Lutheran Bible Institute of Seattle|
Berg earned a Bachelor's degree from the Lutheran Bible Institute of Seattle. He owns a financial planning business after serving as a pastor for 20 years. Berg previously served on the Van Buren Elementary School Accountability Committee and currently serves on the Board of Directors for The Children's Foundation, Inc. He and his wife have two children currently attending district schools.
|Thompson Board of Education, District A General Election, 2-year term, 2013|
|Nonpartisan||Jeff Berg Incumbent||40.7%||12,327|
|Nonpartisan||Kathleen D. Hatanaka||15.3%||4,628|
|Source: Larimer County, Colorado "Election Summary Report," November 19, 2013|
Berg's campaign website listed the following themes for 2013:
Supporting Achievement For all Students
Note: The above quote is from the candidate's website, which may include some typographical or spelling errors.
What was at stake?
Incumbent Berg competed with challengers Kathleen D. Hatanaka and Donna Rice to fill an unexpired two-year term in District A. Berg was appointed to the seat in August 2012 to replace Lola Johnson. Challenger Bryce Carlson faced Janice Marchman for the District B seat. Board members Sharon Olson (District E) and Leonard Sherman (District F) did not file for re-election. The District E race featured newcomers Rocci Bryan and Lori Hvizda Ward. Carl Langner and Gerald Lauer that ran for the open seat in District F.
About the district
- See also: Thompson School District, Colorado
Larimer County outperformed the rest of Colorado in higher education achievement while lagging behind state rates for median income and poverty. The average household income in Larimer County was $57,215 compared to $57,685 for the state of Colorado. The poverty rate in Larimer County was 13.4% compared to 12.5% for the entire state. The U.S. Census also found that 43.1% of Larimer County residents aged 25 years and older earned a bachelor's degree compared to a 36.3% in Colorado.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jeff + Berg + Thompson + School + District"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Reporter-Herald, "Thompson School District Board of Education finally fills open seat," August 22, 2012
- Elect Jeff Berg, "About Jeff," Accessed October 23, 2013
- Colorado TRACER, "Candidate Detail," Accessed December 19, 2013
- Elect Jeff Berg, "Main," Accessed October 23, 2013
- Reporter-Herald, "Three vie for District A seat on board of ed," September 4, 2013
- U.S. Census, "Quick Facts:Larimer County, accessed October 23, 2013
- Colorado Secretary of State, “Voter Registration Numbers,” Accessed October 23, 2013