Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Board member, St. Joseph Board of Education, At-large|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||April 8, 2014|
|St. Joseph School District, At-Large General Election, 3-year term, 2014|
|Source: Buchanan County, Missouri, "General Municipal Elections Official Results," June 20, 2014 (dead link)|
Bird did not file a campaign finance report with the Missouri Ethics Commission in this election.
Bird did not receive an endorsement in this election.
About the districtMissouri in Buchanan County. The county seat of Buchanan County is St. Joseph. St. Joseph is home to 77,147 residents, according to the United States Census Bureau. In the 2011-2012 school year, the St. Joseph School District was the 17th-largest school district in Missouri and served 11,721 students.
Higher education achievement
St. Joseph underperformed in comparison to the rest of Missouri in terms of higher education attainment. The United States Census Bureau found that 20.4 percent of St. Joseph residents over 25 years old held undergraduate degrees compared to a 25.8 percent rate for the state of Missouri.
Median household income
St. Joseph had a median household income of $42,248 in 2010 compared to $47,333 for Missouri.
The poverty rate for St. Joseph was 18.4 percent in 2010 compared to a 10.5 percent rate for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin rather than a race. Citizens may report both their race and their place of origin, and as a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table may exceed 100 percent.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jeff + Bird + St. Joseph + School + District + Missouri"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Missouri Ethics Commission, "Campaign Finance Reports," accessed April 9, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "St. Joseph (city), Missouri," accessed February 5, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed April 22, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Missouri Election Results," accessed January 23, 2015
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one- or two-tenths off from being exactly 100 percent. This Ballotpedia page provides a more detailed explanation of how the Census Bureau handles race and ethnicity in its surveys.
|2014 St. Joseph School District Elections|
|Buchanan County, Missouri|
|Election date:||April 8, 2014|
|Candidates:||At-large: Jeff Bird • Kappy Hodges • Lori Prussman|
|Important information:||Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|