Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Ohio State Senate, District 15|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Brown withdrew from the race before the general election.
Brown's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Repeal the Kearny amendment
- Excerpt: "For decades, a blanket exclusion to employment based on criminal record has been considered a violation of Title VII, Ohio must comply with Federal Law."
- Excerpt: "We shouldn’t waste time with medical marijuana legislation, instead we should move forward with a Colorado style bill that would legalize weed even for recreational use. This will start a new industry, create jobs and will mean millions in tax revenue and, at the same time save save millions in law enforcement, prosecution and incarceration of citizens for engaging in an activity which is none of the governments business to begin with."
Reform Ohio’s OVI laws
- Excerpt: "Bicycles, golf carts, lawn mowers, horses and canoes should be exempt from OVI laws. We must end sobriety checkpoints. Checkpoints have no place in a free society. We must end forced blood draws as this is a human rights violation."
Repeal Ohio’s seat belt laws
- Excerpt: "People have the right to refuse medical attention. If you have the right to have your respirator removed when the result would be certain death, you should have the right to have your seat belt removed when death is only a remote possibility."
Repeal Ohio’s financial responsibility laws
- Excerpt: "Regardless of the opinion of the Supreme Court on the Affordable Health Care Act, it should not be the role of government to force you to buy a product from a private company. The General assembly needs to stop acting like bagmen for the insurance companies. Forcing people to buy car insurance is a undue burden on the poor and it makes every alley, road and bridge a toll road, with the toll being paid to private companies."
- See also: Ohio State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Ohio State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 5, 2014. Incumbent Charleta B. Tavares was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Joe Healy was unopposed in the Republican primary. Jeff Brown is running as a Libertarian candidate. Tavares, Healy and Brown will face off in the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jeff + Brown + Ohio + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ohio State Senate
- Ohio General Assembly
- Ohio State Senate elections, 2014
- Ohio State Senate District 15
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart