|Governor of Delaware|
|Bachelor's||Carleton College (1983)|
Cragg graduated from Carleton College with a degree in economics. He also played defensive tackle for the college's football team. After graduating, he worked in insurance marketing and management. Since 2000, he has owned and operated the Mailboxes, Etc. in Fairfax, Delaware.
- BA, Economics, Carleton College
- See also: Delaware gubernatorial election, 2012
Cragg was the Republican nominee for Governor of Delaware in the 2012 election. The primary election was held on September 11, 2012, and the general election was scheduled for November 6, 2012. Cragg ran unopposed in the Republican primary on September 11, 2012. Cragg was defeated by incumbent Jack Markell in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Governor of Delaware General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Jack Markell Incumbent||69.3%||275,993|
|Green||Mark Joseph Perri||1.1%||4,575|
|Election Results via Delaware Board of Elections.|
Cragg's candidacy announcement:
On his campaign website, Cragg identified the following issues:
- Energy Policy, Gas Prices and Utility Costs: Cragg wants to reduce energy costs in Delaware. He criticizes the Markell administration for having Delaware join the Reional Greenhouse Gas Initiative, arguing the initiative uses tax revenue to support technologies that end up increasing utility costs. He advocates for reducing both taxes and the number of regulations.
- The Economy: Cragg wants to increase the size of Delaware's private sector and make Delaware a place where entrepreneurs are comfortable investing their money.
Cragg discusses his campaign on The Republican Hour:
Cragg and his wife, Terry, have lived in Brandywine Hundred for 21 years. They have four children.
- News Works.org, "Delaware GOP announces 2012 candidates," January 17, 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography Jeffrey Cragg" Accessed October 27, 2012
- Cragg2012.com, "About," accessed June 29, 2012
- Delaware Elections 2012 "Candidate List" Accessed August 11, 2012
- Delaware State Board of Elections "General Election Results 2012" Accessed November 6, 2012
- Cragg2012.com, "Issues," accessed June 29, 2012
- Cragg2012.com, "Energy policy, gas prices and utility costs," accessed June 29, 2012
- Cragg2012.com, "The economy," accessed June 29, 2012