Jeff Duncan (Georgia House of Representatives)
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 22|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||January 7, 2014|
|Profession||Director of Business Development|
A special election for the position of Georgia House of Representatives District 22 was called for January 7, with a runoff if necessary on February 4. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was November 20, 2013. The seat was vacant following Calvin Hill's (R) death on October 30, 2013 after a battle with leukemia. Republicans Meagan Biello, Nate Cochran, Jeff Duncan and Sam Moore faced off in the special election, which took place on January 7. As no candidate received more than fifty percent of the vote, the top-two vote-getters - Moore and Biello - met in a runoff on February 4, which Moore won.
Note: Runoff results will be posted when official results are available.
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 22, Special Election, 2013|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jeff + Duncan + Georgia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- qual.sos.state.ga.us, "Official candidate list," accessed November 21, 2013
- ajc.com, "Rep. Calvin Hill passes away," October 30, 2013
- sos.ga.gov, "Secretary of State Kemp Sets Qualifying Dates for the Special Elections in State House District 2 and State House District 22," November 12, 2013
- canton-ga.patch.com, "State House District 22 Candidates Headed for Special Election Runoff," January 8, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official special election results," accessed January 22, 2014
- Cherokee Tribune, "Moore wins District 22 runoff," February 4, 2014
State of Georgia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | State Superintendent of Schools | Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |