Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 33|
Gauges' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
|“||Small Businesses: Small Businesses are the job generators and represent our economic engine. We must make Maryland small business friendly and stop smothering them with new and increased taxes and fees that drive them out of business or out of the state. We should reward, not punish, people who take on the risks of starting a business and exhibit personal responsibility.
Fiscal Policy: State spending is out of control and that must end. We must stop budgetary shell games to “balance” the budget and end the reliance on new and increased taxes as a substitute for fiscal discipline. The Chesapeake Bay is a national treasure, but we should start by repealing the “rain tax,” the latest example of blindly throwing money at an issue, without a comprehensive plan of action that involves all stakeholders.
Education: We have so much red tape and bureaucracy that we’ve gotten away from the fundamentals – local districts and parents are better at figuring out what works for their children than a one size fits all plan handed down from the federal and state government. Ensuring that no child gets left behind can’t come at the expense of no child getting ahead.
Honoring Our Veterans: The way our veterans are treated on the national level is a disgrace. At the state level, we must do everything we can to honor their service and sacrifices and welcome them as they return to civilian life.
Illegal Immigration: Against the “Dream Act” and Driver’s Licenses for Illegal Immigrants. We are a nation of laws. An immigrant’s first contribution to this nation can’t be breaking its laws.
Elections for the office of Maryland House of Delegates will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Kostas Alexakis, Tom Angelis and Henry Green were unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Sid Saab and incumbents Tony McConkey and Cathy Vitale defeated Jamie Falcon, Jeff Ferguson, Jeff Gauges and Nora Keenan in the Republican primary.
In 2014, Gauges' endorsements included:
- Maryland Farm Bureau PAC
- National Rifle Association (AQ rating)
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jeff + Gauges + Maryland + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Jeff Gauges on Facebook
- Jeff Gauges on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Maryland Secretary of State - Official candidate list
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election State Candidates List - House of Delegates," accessed May 9, 2014
- Friends of Jeff Gauges, "On the Issues," accessed June 17, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Unofficial Results for the 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election," accessed June 25, 2014
- Friends of Jeff Gauges, homepage, accessed June 17, 2014
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |