|Former candidate for|
|U.S. House, Michigan, District 13|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||United States Naval Academy|
|Master's||University of Cincinnati|
|Service/branch||United States Navy|
After being born in Detroit, Michigan, Gorman grew up in Inkster and Garden City. He earned a B.S. in aerospace engineering from the United States Naval Academy. He went on to earn an M.S. in industrial engineering from the University of Cincinnati.
Gorman served in the United States Navy and Naval Reserve from 1997 to 2001. Professionally, Gorman worked as a commercial airline pilot (AFL-CIO) from 1985 to 2006. He now works part-time as a substitute elementary school teacher and as a historical presenter. He had also worked as a park aide, a park ranger and an actor.
Gorman ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Michigan's 13th District. Gorman ran unopposed for the Republican nomination in the primary on August 5, 2014. He was defeated by incumbent John Conyers, Jr. (D) in the general election on November 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, Michigan District 13 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||John Conyers, Jr. Incumbent||79.5%||132,710|
|Source: Michigan Secretary of State|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jeff + Gorman + Michigan + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Michigan's 13th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Michigan's 13th Congressional District
- Michigan Department of State, "2014 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed April 23, 2014
- Politico, "House Elections Results," accessed November 11, 2014
- Jeff Gorman for US Congress, "Home," accessed September 28, 2014
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on September 25, 2014