Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Board member, Cleveland County Schools|
Gregory ran for an at-large seat on the school board on November 5, 2013 against Kathy Falls, S. Dale Oliver, George Litton, Phillip Glover, Darius Griffin, Donnie Thurman, Jr., Kenneth Ledford, and Danny Blanton.
|Cleveland County Schools, At-large General Election, 4-year term, 2013|
|Nonpartisan||Donnie Thurman, Jr.||19.1%||5,209|
|Nonpartisan||Phillip Glover Incumbent||13.6%||3,706|
|Nonpartisan||Kathy Falls Incumbent||12.9%||3,518|
|Nonpartisan||George Litton Incumbent||9.3%||2,535|
|Nonpartisan||S. Dale Oliver Incumbent||9.2%||2,519|
|Source: Cleveland County, NC, "November 5, 2013 Municipal Election," accessed December 13, 2013|
Gregory reported no contributions or expenditures to the Cleveland County Board of Election.
Gregory did not receive any official endorsements for his campaign as of yet.
What was at stake?
Four seats were at stake in the November election, including Vice Chairman George Litton's seat. All four incumbents ran for re-election to their respective seats. The board will continue to address budgetary cuts and decreasing district enrollment.
About the district
The county underperforms the state averages in education and median household income. According to the 2010 Census, the percentage of residents with a high school degree (79.5%) is lower than the state of North Carolina (84.1%) and the percentage of residents over 25 with a bachelor's degree or higher is higher in Cleveland County (15.6%) compared to the state overall (26.5%). The median household income in Cleveland County is $38,352 compared to North Carolina's statewide median of $46,291.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jeff + Gregory + Cleveland + County + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Cleveland County Schools Website
- Cleveland County
- Cleveland County Board of Elections
- Public Schools of North Carolina
- "Cleveland County Board of Elections," "2013 Election Candidates," accessed September 17, 2013
- Cleveland County Board of Elections, "Campaign Finance Reports," accessed December 23, 2013
- "2010 Census: Quick Facts," "Orange County," accessed September 16, 2013"
- The New York TImes, "Election Results," accessed September 5, 2013
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014