Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Louisiana, District 5|
Guerriero was potentially running for the U.S. House representing the 5th Congressional District of Louisiana. The election is being held to replace Rodney Alexander, who announced his resignation in order to take a position as the next Secretary of the Louisiana Department of Veterans Affairs at the end of September 2013.
Guerriero failed to file prior to the August 21, 2013, filing deadline.
- See also: Louisiana State Senate elections, 2011
Guerriero ran in the 2011 election for Louisiana Senate District 35. He was defeated by incumbent Robert Kostelka (R) in the primary election on October 22, 2011. Because Louisiana uses a blanket primary system, a candidate can be declared the overall winner of the seat by garnering 50 percent +1 of the vote in the primary.
|Louisiana State Senate District 35 Blanket Primary, 2011|
|Republican||Robert Kostelka Incumbent||52%||14,644|
- Nexstar, "Who is Running for Rodney Alexander's Seat?," accessed August 9, 2013
- KATC, "14 candidates in 5th District congressional race," accessed August 22, 2013
- Nola.com, "Rodney Alexander to join Jindal administration, departure from Congress will trigger special election," accessed August 8, 2013
- Louisiana Secretary of State, "Official Election Results," October 22, 2011