|Washington House of Representatives, District 6b|
|January 14, 2013 - present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Washington State University|
|Profession||Detective, Spokane Police Department|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Holy served on the following committees:
|Washington Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Government Accountability and Oversight|
|• Labor and Workforce Development|
|• Public Safety|
Holy's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "With the current state of the economy, we must work to make our state more business friendly. We need to do whatever we can to help put people back to work. I will support legislation that makes it easier for small businesses to do what they do best - provide jobs."
- Public Safety
- Excerpt: "As a retired Spokane Police Officer, I understand the importance of public safety. A core function of government is protection of its citizens. I will support legislation that helps improve the safety of our citizens."
- Excerpt: "I will only support sustainable budgets. The focus needs to shift to creating budgets that provide for the core functions of government: public safety, education and protecting the most vulnerable."
- Excerpt: "Every child in our state must have access to a quality education. I will support protecting levy equalization funding and fight against unfunded mandates that harm our local districts. Those most important decisions addressing school districts should be made at the local level by parents and school board members. "
- Excerpt: "I will fight for our fair share of transportation dollars. Spokane county residents spend millions of dollars in gas taxes and we deserve to receive funding for local transportation projects. Transportation projects that help drive our economy are always a priority."
Holy won election in the 2012 election for Washington House of Representatives, District 6b. Holy advanced past in the August 7 blanket primary election and defeated Dennis Dellwo (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 6b, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Holy is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Holy raised a total of $81,844 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 30, 2013.
|Jeff Holy's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Washington State House, District 6||$81,844|
|Grand Total Raised||$81,844|
2012Holy won election to the Washington House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Holy raised a total of $81,844.
|Washington House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jeff Holy's campaign in 2012|
|House Republican Organizational Cmte Of Washington||$10,000|
|Building Industry Association Of Washington||$1,800|
|Phillips, Lisa A||$1,800|
|American Behavioral Health Systems Inc||$1,800|
|Total Raised in 2012||$81,844|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Missed Votes Report
In March 2014, Washington Votes, the state’s premier legislative information website, released its annual Missed Votes Report, which provides detailed missed roll call votes on bills for every state legislator during the 2014 legislative session. The 2014 regular session included a total of 515 votes in the State House and 396 in the State Senate, as well as 1,372 bills introduced total in the legislature and 237 bills passed. Out of all roll call votes, 90 individual legislators did not miss any votes. 3 individual legislators missed more than 50 votes. Holy missed 2 votes in a total of 1211 roll calls.
Holy has a wife, Cindy.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jeff + Holy + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Washington State Legislature
- Washington House of Representatives
- Washington House of Representatives Committees
- Washington Joint Committees
- Washington state legislative districts
- Office website
- House page
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Facebook page
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed April 16, 2015
- Washington Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed April 16, 2014
- Washington Secretary of State, "August 07, 2012 Primary Results - Legislative - All Results," accessed August 15, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Holy, Jeff," accessed September 30, 2013
- Washington Policy Center "2014 Missed Votes Report for Legislators Released," March 18, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed April 16, 2014
John Ahern (R)
|Washington House of Representatives District 6
| Succeeded by|
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |