Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Iowa House of Representatives District 35|
|Bachelor's||Drake University (1988)|
|Place of birth||Des Moines, Iowa|
Ibbotson attended Drake University, receiving a Bachelor's degree in Finance.
Ibbotson's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Jeff believes taxpayers pay enough in taxes and we deserve to see how these dollars are collected and spent by government. An open and transparent government will help all of us to analyze and curb accounting games within the state budget."
- Excerpt:"Jeff understands the importance of agriculture to Iowa, and knows that it is a constant driving force to the Iowa economy. We must support our agricultural communities and encourage private investments to expand the markets."
- Excerpt:"Jeff will work to remove regulations which cripple our businesses. We must also look for the long term approach to bring more jobs to Iowa, not more quick-fix government programs."
- Excerpt:"Jeff believes we must support effective educators, increase access to educational opportunities, and leave individual school decisions at the local level."
Ibbotson ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 35. Ibbotson defeated Tony Seliquini and Larry Steele in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012. He was defeated by Marti Anderson (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 36, General Election, 2012|
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 36 Republican Primary, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jeff + Ibbotson + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Jeff Ibbotson on Facebook
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |