|North Carolina State Senate, District 37|
|May 6, 2014-present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|J.D.||UNC Chapel Hill|
Jackson earned his bachelor's and master's degrees in Philosophy from Emory University and his J.D. from UNC Chapel Hill. His professional experience includes working as an assistant district attorney in Gaston County.
Elections for the office of North Carolina State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Jeff Jackson was chosen to replace Dan Clodfelter in the Democratic primary, after Clodfelter resigned from the Senate to become Mayor of Charlotte. Jackson was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Jackson was unchallenged in the general election.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the North Carolina General Assembly was in session from January 9 to July 26. In 2014, the North Carolina General Assembly will be in session from May 14 through a date to be determined by the legislature.
- North Carolina League of Conservation Voters: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on environment and conservation issues.
- The American Conservative Union: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
- Civitas Action: 2013 Full Rankings
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key conservative issues and ideals.
- Environment North Carolina: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key environmental issues.
- Environment North Carolina: 2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Democracy North Carolina: 2013 Legislative Report Card
- Legislators are scored on their votes on 20 bills picked by the organization that they consider the worst of the session.
- N.C. Values Coalition: 2014 Pro-family Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills relating to pro-family and Biblical values.
- North Carolina Voters for Animal Welfare: 2014 Legislative Report Cards
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills relating to animal welfare, sponsoring animal welfare bills, completing the NCVAW survey and responsiveness to animal advocates constituents.
Jackson and his wife, Marisa, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jeff + Jackson + North Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina State Senate
- Senate Committees
- North Carolina General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- North Carolina state legislative districts
- Profile from the North Carolina State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Jeff Jackson on Facebook
- Jeff Jackson on Twitter
- www.charlotteobserver.com, "Democrats elect Jeff Jackson to replace former state Sen. Clodfelter," accessed May 5, 2014
- www.thestate.com, "Democrats elect Jeff Jackson to replace former state Sen. Clodfelter," accessed May 5, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed August 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "05/06/2014 Official Primary Election Results - Statewide," accessed December 5, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "11/04/2014 Official General Election Results - Statewide," accessed December 5, 2014
Dan Clodfelter (D)
|North Carolina State Senate, District 37
May 6, 2014–present
| Succeeded by|