Jeff King (South Carolina)
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, South Carolina, District 1|
King ran for the U.S. House representing the 1st Congressional District of South Carolina. The election was held to replace Tim Scott, who was appointed to fill Jim DeMint's vacant seat in the U.S. Senate. King was defeated in the Republican primary against Keith Blandford, Curtis Bostic, Ric Bryant, Larry Grooms, Jonathan Hoffman, John Kuhn, Tim Larkin, Chip Limehouse, Peter McCoy, Elizabeth Moffly, Ray Nash, Andy Patrick, Shawn Pinkston, Mark Sanford and Teddy Turner on March 19, 2013.
Former Governor Mark Sanford was considered the front runner due to name recognition and the fact that he had $120,000 in an old campaign account. That coupled with his ability to fundraise quickly gave him a leg up on the field. It was also his former seat in the U.S. House of Representatives that he held for three terms, prior to being elected governor.
|U.S. House, South Carolina District 1 Special Republican Primary, 2013|
|Harry "Chip" Limehouse||6.1%||3,279|
|Source: Official results via South Carolina State Election Commission|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jeff + King + South Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- A Venture Into Real Democracy On Red State Capitol Grounds - PoliticusUSA
- Community Calendar for the Midlands, Jan. 17 - The State
- NAACP Has 'Serious Concerns' With New Voting Rights Legislation - Huffington Post
- Community Calendar for the Midlands, Jan. 16 - The State
- Timothy Ladin Joins DailyDAC LLC - PR Web (press release)
- Church Roundup - Online Athens
- NC food insecurity is rising - The Independent Weekly
- Pilots grounded after landing at wrong airport - WIS
- Community Calendar for the Midlands, Jan. 14 - The State
- Bravo Announces Five New and Returning Series - Broadway World
- SC Votes "March 19 Special Primary Election" Accessed March 19, 2013
- South Carolina Radio Network "List of 19 candidates running for District 1 seat," January 28, 2013
- Washington Post "Scott's departure for Senate will trigger third special House election in 2013," December 17, 2012
- South Carolina Republican Party Website "1st Congressional Special Election details set," accessed January 3, 2013
- Roll Call "Sanford Likely Front-Runner in S.C. Special Election," January 3, 2013
- Salon.com "Ted Turner’s son vying in SC congressional primary," January 23, 2013
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress "Davis, Medel Jackson, (1942-2007)," accessed January 28, 2013