|Hawaii State Senate District 3|
|Associate's||AA, Business, Hospitality, and Human Resources, Santa Rosa Junior College|
|Bachelor's||B.A., Agricultural Science, 2001|
|Master's||M.B.A., Central West, 2003|
|Profession||Various, electrical contractor|
LaFrance has worked as an electrical contractor, hotel owner, licensed real estate broker, and film producer. He is also the founder of two non-profit organizations. He has a B.A. in agricultural science, a certification in human resources administration, and an M.B.A.
LaFrance's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
1. Improve Education.
- "I am in favor of Local School Boards, School Choice, Charter Schools, and School Voucher Programs. The one size fit's all program from the DOE DOEsn't work. It is a complete failure and the only way to fix it is hire competent people. We spend more per student than almost any other state and we have the 2nd lowest academic scores in the country."
2. Achieve Energy Independence!
- "We import foreign oil for energy leading to some of the highest energy prices in the nation, instead of using our abundant natural resources, such as Geothermal, Solar Wave Technologies, and Wind! I am in favor of ending the HECO/HELCO Monopoly! I am also in favor of cutting the peg to oil price for Purchase of alternative energy. By reducing our electric price we will keep over 6 Billion Dollars circulating in our local economy now sent of island, our local economy will experience, SPECTACULAR GROWTH and REVITALIZATION ALMOST OVER NIGHT!"
3. Revive Local Agriculture!
- "Instead of using our abundant natural resources We Import most of our food from foreign Countries such as China. As soon as they poisoned our baby food and pet food that should have stopped. I would rather returning Veterans be given a chance to become successful local farmers rather than working at McDonalds! The Big Island can and should be the bread basket for the Islands. With access to low interest farm loans it can be."
4. Promote Economic Development
- "Our local economy is weak, because we import things we don't need to, So We export our children, and our money. We need to use our abundant natural resources wisely so our local economy will become strong and prosperous again."
- See also: Hawaii State Senate elections, 2012
LaFrance ran in the 2012 election for Hawaii State Senate District 3. LaFrance defeated John Totten in the August 11 Republican primary and was defeated by incumbent Joshua Green (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Hawaii State Senate, District 3, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Joshua Green Incumbent||78.1%||11,351|
|Hawaii State Senate, District 3 Republican Primary, 2012|
LaFrance is engaged and has one child, Alison.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Jeff + LaFrance + Hawaii + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- The Committee to Elect Jeff LaFrance, accessed September 12, 2012
- civilbeat.com, " Unofficial 2012 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 General election results," accessed March 24, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Jeff LaFrance," accessed September 15, 2012